Map Update now available for the GO510....??

TomTom Model(s)
GO510/710 + XXL530•S + XXL550•T
...my current version is 665.1293 and the new version is 7.10.

I want to buy the new version but I would rather buy it on a new SD card instead of taking the chance of deleting all the info I currently have on the SD card that is in the 510.

I do not see any option for buying the new maps on a SD card. Only downloading. Is there something that I'm missing???

Can I buy a blank SD card and insert it into the 510 and then download the new maps?? There is not enough room on the current SD card to download the new map/s without deleting everything already on it and I really do not want to do that.

I need this answered a.s.a.p. since the new maps is on sale for 50% off until the 31st of this month (Jan).
===========================================================================================
I kept fooling around with the GO510 while hooked up with TomTomHOME and now my current version is 7.162

There are some new options now installed that I did not have before. Not sure how I got here but so far everything else looks OK. My favorites are still intact, in other words.

Attachments

• tom.jpg
    tom.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:
Just buy a new SD card at least 2GB install it in your TT. First do a total backup of the TT using home then remove the old SD card install new blank one and transfer the files over to new card but delete the us_canada map or whatever may you have and download new one to SD card.

you now have navcore 7 installed.it has a help me icon.also now you can use mapshare and you should be able to turn your arrow into a car icon.there are posts on here how to do it.

Ask a Question