Map Loading problem

I bought a TomTom as i needed to go away on a course tomorrow. But, i am having problems.

I bought it on Saturday, and i was told i had 30 days to install a map update for free online. So, i went online, followed the instructions and it came up with a big red screen saying 'Problem with map. You cannot use this map on this device: United_Kingdom_and_Repubic_Of_Ireland_106'

You cant get past this screen.

I emailed TomTom who answered my problem with a standard email. I went through the step by step points .... and everything was moving swimmingly until i went to install the map again. It now says "no map available".

I dont know what to do now. I cant use the TomTom at all. I have emailed them again, but i dont know when i will get a response.

Im really angry. The 'old' map on the TomTom was fine. I only installed the new one as i thought it was the thing to do !! I wish i hadnt bothered.

Did you make a backup (hopefully Explorer) prior to trying the map update?

When you look at the unit's contents using Explorer, do you see a map folder on the unit with files in it?

Did you actually download the updated map and have problems with the install? If so, you will find the map here:

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\

Use the information in this link about installing the map without using Home.

Ask a Question