Problems downloading new maps

TomTom Model(s)
TT Go 720
I've been trying to download version 7.20 map for my TT Go 720. It is a large file, and it takes forever to download. The problem is that it never gets fully downloaded. It'll download for hours, then just stop. I've changed all of the settings on my computer so that it doesn't automatically shut down or go to sleep, but I'll get anywhere from 750MB to 1.2 GB of the 1.6GB map downloaded and then it'll stop. I have a DSL connection, but the download capabilities must not be big enough. I used my map guarantee to get it, so it has been added to my downloads for TT Home. Are there any other options I have for getting the 7.20 map?

I've been trying to download version 7.20 map for my TT Go 720. It is a large file, and it takes forever to download. The problem is that it never gets fully downloaded. It'll download for hours, then just stop. I've changed all of the settings on my computer so that it doesn't automatically shut down or go to sleep, but I'll get anywhere from 750MB to 1.2 GB of the 1.6GB map downloaded and then it'll stop. I have a DSL connection, but the download capabilities must not be big enough. I used my map guarantee to get it, so it has been added to my downloads for TT Home. Are there any other options I have for getting the 7.20 map?

In addition to my reply to you in another forum, some people try to dl in the wee hours of the morning when there is less traffic. Having said that, the wee hours of the morning for those of us in NA don't match the slow times for European users. Since it appears that TT uses its European servers for NA users, that can be an issue, too.

Ask a Question