lost sd card tomtom go 300

before I could start up my go 300 someone removed the sd card. I have managed to get a down load from a friend who has tomtom but each time i am asked to enter a ten digit number, the only number that came with the device is a 15 number registration number, it won't recognise this number. any ideas would be welcome, thanks

before I could start up my go 300 someone removed the sd card. I have managed to get a down load from a friend who has tomtom but each time i am asked to enter a ten digit number, the only number that came with the device is a 15 number registration number, it won't recognise this number. any ideas would be welcome, thanks

Think only a call to TT Support will resolve that type of issue.......

What do you mean "someone removed the card"?? Get it back!

You cannot use someone else's map on your TomTom. Each map is tied to a device to prevent people 'sharing' (also known as pirating) maps. TomTom support will not help you activate a 'shared' (illegally copied) map.

My idea? Why don't you get your SD card, with your map back from whoever removed it?

maybe I should explain that the sd card was removed by persons unknown, I suppose you call that STOLEN, I am totally new to this technology, but I have seen people asking for downloads on other sites ??? is this wrong?? any comments of a helpful nature will be appreciated , thank you

I have seen people asking for downloads on other sites ??? is this wrong?? any comments of a helpful nature will be appreciated , thank you

Yes, you are correct, that's a large no-no here.
Many (any) thing illegal is highly frowned upon on TomTomforums.com many don't like it, but that's the way it goes. There is plenty of good info that is transferred here and illegal activity generally brings unwelcome attention from authorities.

Hi jonny,

Sorry to hear that your card was stolen. I assume that you did not make a back-up.

If not, your only legal option is to buy another SD card with a map and tomtom software on it, or buy a blank SD card then buy and download a map using tomtom HOME (you will also have to put on the tomtom software itself then). The first option is much simpler. There are a number of retail stores that sell genuine tomtom maps pre-loaded on SD cards.

Ask a Question