Memory Card Lost, what to do?

Hi, somehow my wife managed to lose the memory card.

My TomTom is a one new edition, the version is 4n00.004 and I'm using a Mac and I need the map for Spain.

I have a spare memory card, I have tried restoring using TomTom Home and it does not find my old backups, I guess it the new version of software is not compatible, or may be I didn't back it up!

Any ideas, thanks

Last edited:
Check in Home's Tools-->Preferences-->Folder Location for backups and see if you can use Finder to see the map backed up there. If so, you should be able to restore it.

Also, use Home to move to 'Items on My Computer' and see if the map is listed there.

If no luck and the map is a purchased time from TomTom, you have 1-year to re-download the map. If within the window, connect to your account at TT and click on 'My Account', Maps. It should be listed. If not, call support at 866-486-6866 for assistance.

If you are outside the 1-year window and truly do not have the map backed up on your computer, you'll have to buy a new one. Sorry.

Ask a Question