PLEASE HELP: lost map card

some how and its still doing my head in, i have lost my factory map card from the bottom of my tt go510, so my tomtom is now powerless, and i cannot use my tomtom. what do i do ? can i just buy another map card off ebay, or will this not work. do you have to have the original card that came with the device from new ???

some how and its still doing my head in, i have lost my factory map card from the bottom of my tt go510, so my tomtom is now powerless, and i cannot use my tomtom. what do i do ? can i just buy another map card off ebay, or will this not work. do you have to have the original card that came with the device from new ???

ive just bought another card of a seller on ebay, his card came directly out of his tom tom go510, so putting this in my tom tom go510 will surely work yea ??

While maps in Europe, where you are, used to be sold on sd cards, I do not think that is possible anymore. Maps are locked to the device they are installed on and can't be used on another device, even one of the same model.

So, I'm not sure.........have my doubts.........

Send a pm to a member here, mikealder, also located in the UK, who is much more experienced in maps and devices of this type.

I have a 510. You can stick a blank SD card (fat32 format) in it (up to 2GB in size), install tomtom HOME, and plug in your computer. It will resintall the application for free, but you have to buy a new map from Tomtom.

The really old maps used a different activation-card based process, but I never upgraded back then so I don't know how it works.

The current maps are serial-number locked, so similar to DHN I have doubts that the ebay SD card will work for you.

Ask a Question