Looking for Beta testers of custom fuel prices POI's generator

can I get code for gas price for columbus,ohio, and dublin,oh

Tx.

I need the zip codes for the areas you want in the poi file - it can be mutiple zip codes in one file or mutiple files but keep in mind for a single zip I am generating the test data for a 100 mile radius from that point so there will be more than one zip code for a single entry.

I need the zip codes for the areas you want in the poi file - it can be mutiple zip codes in one file or mutiple files but keep in mind for a single zip I am generating the test data for a 100 mile radius from that point so there will be more than one zip code for a single entry.

dublin,Oh zip code 43016

Thanks
Srikanth

can you tell me which folder I have to copy this files in my tomtom GPS .

This is straight from the help file - let me know if this is enough information for the typical user to make it work and what you would add or change.

? How do I add the Gas Slasher POI file(s) to my TOMTOM?
o To install POI files to your TomTom, you need to copy the files to the map folder on the TomTom. These steps should help you determine where your map folder is located. These instructions assume your TomTom has no SD card. If you do then simply consider that the source of your maps on whatever drive letter it gets assigned.

Step 1.
A typical POI set will usually consist of an ov2 file. (e.g. MyHotels.ov2) and an optional bitmap image (e.g. MyHotels.bmp). The BMP file should have the same name as the main ov2 file for the GPS to be able to display the icon correctly.

Step 2.
Connect the TomTom to your computer via the USB cable and turn it on.
If TomTom Home is running on your computer you can close and ignore it as TomTom Home as we won't be needed to copy the files.
If the TomTom asks if you want to connect to a computer, answer YES.
Open 'My Computer' and you should see a collection of drives and devices
Find the TomTom drive, it's usually labeled 'TomTom' and it might have a TomTom icon. If the TomTom doesn't show up here, check your USB cable, try restarting TomTom or try plugging it into another USB socket on the PC.

Step 3.
Next, open the TomTom drive by double clicking on it. Identify the correct the map folder, this will depend on your TomTom version and what maps you have installed. It may look like: Great_Britain-Map', 'Western_Europe-Map', 'United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland' or 'United States' etc. etc.

Step 4.
Open the window containing the POI (OV2 and or BMP files) that you want to install from step 1 above. Select the files by clicking on them and press CTRL C. Now navigate to the map folder that you located above and press CTRL V. This will copy the files to the map directory on the TomTom, alternatively you can drag and drop these files across.

Step 5.
Disconnect your TomTom from the computer then once it restarts
click on:
? Navigate To
? Point Of Interest
? POI (Near You, In City, etc.)
? Any Category
? The orange arrow which will allow you to search for a category
Assuming you named your POI set starting with a number; it should be the first on the list, if not type in the first few letters of the name of your POI set. Once you have found the set, click on it and you are ready to find your gas stations.

Make file for me please

Zipcode: 98052
City/State: Redmond, WA
TomTom model: ONE 130

I haven't read through the whole thread, so maybe my question has already been answered but, have you released the application you use to generate the files? If so, where can I download it?

Thanks,
Razzzu

Zipcode: 98052
City/State: Redmond, WA
TomTom model: ONE 130

I haven't read through the whole thread, so maybe my question has already been answered but, have you released the application you use to generate the files? If so, where can I download it?

Thanks,
Razzzu

98052 Redmond, WA.zip - Enjoy...

The application has not been released yet but soon will be. The documentation is about the last thing I have yet to work on.

Attachments

• 98052 Redmond, WA.zip
    81.7 KB · Views: 370
This is straight from the help file - let me know if this is enough information for the typical user to make it work and what you would add or change.

? How do I add the Gas Slasher POI file(s) to my TOMTOM?
o To install POI files to your TomTom, you need to copy the files to the map folder on the TomTom. These steps should help you determine where your map folder is located. These instructions assume your TomTom has no SD card. If you do then simply consider that the source of your maps on whatever drive letter it gets assigned.

Step 1.
A typical POI set will usually consist of an ov2 file. (e.g. MyHotels.ov2) and an optional bitmap image (e.g. MyHotels.bmp). The BMP file should have the same name as the main ov2 file for the GPS to be able to display the icon correctly.

Step 2.
Connect the TomTom to your computer via the USB cable and turn it on.
If TomTom Home is running on your computer you can close and ignore it as TomTom Home as we won't be needed to copy the files.
If the TomTom asks if you want to connect to a computer, answer YES.
Open 'My Computer' and you should see a collection of drives and devices
Find the TomTom drive, it's usually labeled 'TomTom' and it might have a TomTom icon. If the TomTom doesn't show up here, check your USB cable, try restarting TomTom or try plugging it into another USB socket on the PC.

Step 3.
Next, open the TomTom drive by double clicking on it. Identify the correct the map folder, this will depend on your TomTom version and what maps you have installed. It may look like: Great_Britain-Map', 'Western_Europe-Map', 'United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland' or 'United States' etc. etc.

Step 4.
Open the window containing the POI (OV2 and or BMP files) that you want to install from step 1 above. Select the files by clicking on them and press CTRL C. Now navigate to the map folder that you located above and press CTRL V. This will copy the files to the map directory on the TomTom, alternatively you can drag and drop these files across.

Step 5.
Disconnect your TomTom from the computer then once it restarts
click on:
? Navigate To
? Point Of Interest
? POI (Near You, In City, etc.)
? Any Category
? The orange arrow which will allow you to search for a category
Assuming you named your POI set starting with a number; it should be the first on the list, if not type in the first few letters of the name of your POI set. Once you have found the set, click on it and you are ready to find your gas stations.

I did the stpes, and I got icon , but when I presed it saying NO POI FOUD

Its showing Arizona, I uploaded the Dublin,OH for zip code 43016.,
can you update correct file for me.

Thanks
Srikanth

Dublin OH (2).zip

Here it is again, I did a sanity check on this and when I look at the most distant zip from 43016 it shows Marietta OH (45750) so I'm not sure why you would see Arizona zip codes which is way past the 100 mile threshold.

Make sure you delete your 1st file set so as to not get confused which is which.

Attachments

• Dublin OH (2).zip
    133.8 KB · Views: 378
Updated file please

Zip Code: 98052
Model: ONE 130
City: Redmond, WA

LazyBSoft, great job on that application! I've been making very good use of it! Could you provide me with a new one so I have th updated prices? Thanks!

-razzzu

Zip Code: 98052
Model: ONE 130
City: Redmond, WA

LazyBSoft, great job on that application! I've been making very good use of it! Could you provide me with a new one so I have th updated prices? Thanks!

-razzzu

98052 Redmond, WA.zip

You bet and than you... Here you go....

Attachments

• 98052 Redmond, WA.zip
    161.8 KB · Views: 370
:eek: It's Time!!!! :D

That's right, GasSlasher has officially been launched to the public.

I would like to than everyone who helped with the initial beta testing I hope that the program lives up to your expectations.

You can download GasSlasher at LazyBitchSoft's Home Page at http://sites.google.com/site/lazybsoft/ or
http://mytomtom.kicks-ass.net or http://mygps.kicks-ass.net

I have started a new thread at https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=15143 for any discussions on the application rather than Q&A being posted here.

Enjoy...

Beta testers of custom fuel prices

Zipcode: 98225
City/State: Bellingham ,wa
TomTom model:one 3th edition

Ask a Question