Looking to Upgrade from Via 1605 TM

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1605TM, Garmin 2595LMT, Maylong M500, Magellan 1700
Hi All,
I'm looking to upgrade my unit I have a tom tom Via 1605tm 6inch screen,
What is the newest model that is similar that has map and traffic, to this and has a larger screen. with added new features
Thanks for all input.

Larger screen than the 1605??? (which, by the way, I think is the best resistive touch screen I've ever seen). The only 7" model that TomTom offers is the Bridge unit, and I don't think they're even selling that in the U.S. yet. It's a full Android tablet, and will set you back a good bit.

Why upgrading? Would help to know what you are hoping to see for improvements.

Different topic, sefa, but do you have Home installed on your PC? Has this unit ever been updated before?

Hi All,
I'm looking to upgrade my unit I have a tom tom Via 1605tm 6inch screen,
What is the newest model that is similar that has map and traffic, to this and has a larger screen. with added new features
Thanks for all input.
Larger screen than the 1605??? (which, by the way, I think is the best resistive touch screen I've ever seen). The only 7" model that TomTom offers is the Bridge unit, and I don't think they're even selling that in the U.S. yet. It's a full Android tablet, and will set you back a good bit.

Why upgrading? Would help to know what you are hoping to see for improvements.
Canderson, I do have a supply of GPS units, but I do like the big screen, these old eyes of mine are getting tried, Was looking for something NEW, I really wanted a Larger Screen, Yes the 7" would make it for me..,Have try looking at other units, seem they are all going to the watch modes, really do not want that,
I like the maps and traffic feature,

Canderson, I do have a supply of GPS units, but I do like the big screen, these old eyes of mine are getting tried, Was looking for something NEW, I really wanted a Larger Screen, Yes the 7" would make it for me..,Have try looking at other units, seem they are all going to the watch modes, really do not want that,
I like the maps and traffic feature,
If it's your eyeballs you're trying to please, then you might want to take a look at either the new 600. Although still a 6" screen, it has a feature that allows you to increase standard font size for street names, button names and all the rest, in a couple of steps. I keep mine in maximohuge mode and can read all the street names that were previously in 2 point telephone book type! If you can find one 'loose' to play with somewhere, let us know, and I'll give you the short and sweet on how to reconfigure it to larger fonts and you can go in and play with it a bit.

The 7" tablet doesn't seem to available in the US yet, and probably won't come cheap when it does. SWEET unit, but ... if you search for TomTom and Bridge, you'll see it in Europe in your search.

Ask a Question