Looking for Beta testers of custom fuel prices POI's generator

You're stuck until you next plug your GPS into your computer. Then you can download a different fuel type.

I see and is the fuel done as a POI that is separate from main built in sets or does it alter the "master" set of files and merge in the new results?

Here you go 05465_Jericho_Vermont_10-30-08.zip

This one is intresting, If I lock the zipcode to only 05465 I only pull up 2 stations. One for Regular and one for Diesel.

-72.9995,44.5042 "2.91_CITGO-39 VERMONT ROUTE 15,JERICHO VT 05465>802-899-4730"
-72.9480149777,44.5177779074 "3.68_MOBIL-341 VERMONT ROUTE 15,JERICHO VT 05465>802-899-2507"

I assume this is an error in my data source - but can you confirm that for me? Is Jericho Vermont a tiny place with only 2 gas stations?

Sorry, we are locked in to GasSlasher now. Unfortunatly I had way too much time on my hands the other day and created some artwork for the project.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/perlabsrat/

I guess its motivation is because it is close to being Halloween.:eek:
Hope you like them...

I like GasSlasher and the images as well...nice!

Yes, Jericho is quite small and I believe 2 gas stations for that specific zip code alone is accurate. I'll check the pricings on my way home tonight.

However, if you were to perform a radial search of about 30 miles or so, you'd also get all the gas stations from Essex and Burlington (which is the type of search I would want) and you'd get a LOT more..

I see that your actual POIs actually do capture the surrounding areas....VERY NICE!

I really really like this program.......when do you think you'll be out of BETA testing and ready for folks to use the PC Program themselves?

I did notice that the one Gas station I know of directly in Jericho doesn't appear to be on your list........:
CITGO
Chittenden Mills Beverage
39 Vermont Route 15
Jericho, VT 05465
Phone : (802) 899-4730

The following URL, shows that Jericho Center (which is right next door) also has a CITGO that isn't in your list:
http://www.vermontvacation.com/about/fuel_map.asp

Last edited:
I like GasSlasher and the images as well...nice!

Yes, Jericho is quite small and I believe 2 gas stations for that specific zip code alone is accurate. I'll check the pricings on my way home tonight.

However, if you were to perform a radial search of about 30 miles or so, you'd also get all the gas stations from Essex and Burlington (which is the type of search I would want) and you'd get a LOT more..

I see that your actual POIs actually do capture the surrounding areas....VERY NICE!

I really really like this program.......when do you think you'll be out of BETA testing and ready for folks to use the PC Program themselves?

I did notice that the one Gas station I know of directly in Jericho doesn't appear to be on your list........:
CITGO
Chittenden Mills Beverage
39 Vermont Route 15
Jericho, VT 05465
Phone : (802) 899-4730

The following URL, shows that Jericho Center (which is right next door) also has a CITGO that isn't in your list:
http://www.vermontvacation.com/about/fuel_map.asp

Not sure on a release date yet. I still have some bugs to work out that I discovered with everyone's help. But I am getting there.

Here you go. For yours I did something new since you requested more than one zipcode. There are 3 zip files here. Two are the individual areas set at 100mile radius and the 3rd is a single file of both. I don't know CA so I have no idea how much overlap but each zipcode pulled over 3000 listings for regular. Since they are combined there may be duplicates since they are separate queries. Let me know if you find that to be true.

90241_Downey_CA_10-30-08.zip
92704_SantaAna_CA_10-30-08.zip
0-Combined_SantaAna_Downey_CA_10-30-08.zip

You know that brings up a point. This is written in vb6 (sorry I'm only a part time programmer at best) Will vb6 apps run on Windows CE, Iphone or other Windows mobile devices? I don't own any to test but I am courious if anyone know anything about that.

Thanks, I'll use POIedit to check for duplicates.
I am not sure if vb6 will run but there is one way to find out.

If you are still looking for testers, my information is as follows:

Mount Vernon, IL
One 125

Yes, I am...
Here you go - 62864 Mount Vernon, IL.zip

I think this is the first time I put a comma in the file name so if you get any errors try to rename the files without the comma then let me know if you had to do this.

NOTE TO ALL
- I am changing my user name to better match with the web page I plan to promote the tool with and I'm very close to a final release date. Just a few more things to work out as time permits...

Thanks again to everyone who has helped out...

Happy Holidays.....

Attachments

• 62864 Mount Vernon, IL.zip
    85.3 KB · Views: 294

Attachments

• 48021Eastpointe, Mi.zip
    101.8 KB · Views: 275
  • 48855 Howell, Mi.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 313
Thank you,
I didn't get the .ov2 file for Eastpointe ( Diesel ).
Also, do I just reload the app. into my TT each time I want to update the gas prices? Or will they automatically update when I connect my TT to the computer?

Thank you,
I didn't get the .ov2 file for Eastpointe ( Diesel ).
Also, do I just reload the app. into my TT each time I want to update the gas prices? Or will they automatically update when I connect my TT to the computer?

The app when it is released will just run from your computer.
The output files (the BMP and OV2) are what you add to your tomtom each time you want to update the data. Normally you would delete the old file and add the new one, then on the next time you start up your tomotm you should then be able to browse the newly added POI set...

Attachments

• 48021Eastpointe, Mi_2008-12-08_14.01.06.zip
    162.6 KB · Views: 281

Ask a Question