GasSlasher has been launched!!

Great job & great software

LazyBSoft,

This is truly a simple and practical application. I've been using it every time I fill up. I love that you've created a useful 3rd party app for tomtoms and look forward to any further creations of yours!! Very well done to you and your application! :D :D

-razzzu

LazyBSoft,

This is truly a simple and practical application. I've been using it every time I fill up. I love that you've created a useful 3rd party app for tomtoms and look forward to any further creations of yours!! Very well done to you and your application! :D :D

-razzzu

Thank you, I hope it will be of use to everyone and that every time they save some $ on gas that they will think of me and do a little victory dance....

Nicely written, practical, and completely functional, except the (x) on top-right of the program window doesn't close the program (Windows Task Manager shows it still running in the background). I just need to un-learn a bad habit of mine, and properly close with the "Exit" button.

Thanks for writing and making GasSlasher available. It does everything you said it will do. I'll be a great tool to assist in helping save on gas costs.

Just curious if this works in Canada?

Author had said it doesn't but, if NB is anything like ON, it's a non issue since all gas stations here charge essentially the same price per litre, maybe a variation of 1/10th of a cent.

You are correct within the same town/city, however as you travel across the province it can vary. We have pricing regulations here, but it sets the maximum that it can be sold for, less the delivery fee. The delivery fees can make a difference depending on where you are, but it still doesn't make any sense. I'm in Saint John working now, where the refinery is. Shouldn't cost much to deliver the gas here in town to an Irving station (the refinery is Irving), but gas is more expensive here (almost $0.10 per litre) than in is in Moncton 1.5 hours away. Even for the stations that buy their gas from the Imperial Refinery in Halifax.

I was thinking that if it did I might be able to gauge which town/city I should gas up in when I'm travelling. With the amount of gas that I use, it might save the company some money.

J

Nicely written, practical, and completely functional, except the (x) on top-right of the program window doesn't close the program (Windows Task Manager shows it still running in the background). I just need to un-learn a bad habit of mine, and properly close with the "Exit" button.

Thanks for writing and making GasSlasher available. It does everything you said it will do. I'll be a great tool to assist in helping save on gas costs.

A new version is out - see if that works better for you.

Change Log

* 2009-01-25 - Initial public release of Gas Slasher 2.0 - "And so it begins..."
* 2009-02-06 - Released v2.01 patch to fix form close bug - "Gas Slasher, Now with imploding power..."
This release will have no installer. User will need to replace existing EXE with new version.

v2.01 patch has fixed it for me ("x" previously hadn't completely shut down the program). Thanks!

Ask a Question