Latest application for XXL 540TM

Bootloger

All original NavCore's from "http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/ . . . . ."
contain a bootloader update. (a file named "system")
Delete the file named "system" in the download and take no risk

All is working well with the mapupdate.
download was very fast which is good for a change..

I agree with dhn's comments.
540TM
865 map
9.103 app.

I, too, have the 540WTE WITH 9.053 and just downloaded 865 yesterday. My emulator works fine.
Thanks, and what a puzzle! I wonder what the differences are between your device and mine also with app 9.053 and v865 maps.

That business of non-reversible boot loader changes definitely got my full attention and killed all my experimental urges.

Does TomTom have any handle on the emulator problems? Is there any prognosis? I'd be happy to ship the device off to them if someone there wanted to take alook, but I don't believe they have either the resources or the interest. With recent quarter-on-quarter EPS down 43% they have more serious problems to deal with than my "broken" XXL.

Damn, I keep confusing myself between the 9.053 on the 2GB XXL540s (and where emulation works just fine) with the 9.056 on the 4GB XXL540 TM WTE where emulation is broken. My 4GB unit arrived new with 9.056 and so I have no images with 9.053 available.

Is app 9.053 available for download somewhere?

Is there any way to pull app 9.053 off my 2GB device and install it to my 4GB device?

Thanks for the link but the change did not work.

The directions in your post of 1/24 were somewhat unclear where you said to delete all the loose files in the root directory of the unit. None of them looked particularly loose to me :) Anyway I tried deleting all the root files before extracting the contents of the .cab, but the result was an inert device with a flickering logo splash screen. Then (after restoring the device with a working image) I tried again, but this time deleting no root files. Exactly the same bad result.

Never mind. The device works and even Mapshare is working on both the new 865 NA and Eu maps. Just a shame about the emulator.

Many thanks, it worked perfectly!

I deleted no root files (decided that if there was a failure I could always try the extraction again after going back and deleting them and would not need to do an image resore in between, so saving over an hour in the cycle).

I would never have dared trying that 9.058 image without your encouragement both because it did not have "XXL" in its file name and also because it was twice the size of all those with XXL names (40MB vs. 21MB).

I now have a fully functioning XXL540 TM WTE for the first time ever. Many thanks.

DHN here is the comments from TomTom Support. Note how they suggest installing the application.
I agree with your comments on this issue.

"I have found that there is 9.103 application for XXL devices. However the functionality of 9.053 and 9.103 is the same. It is recommended that you may not change the application unless it required or the device does not function properly.

If you wish you can move ahead and download the application version 9.103

http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/9.103.gl.CAB-navcore-XXL.cab

1. Download the .cab file to the desktop.
2. Create new folder and name as "Application"
3. Open the .cab file and highlight all files by pressing "Control+A"
4. Right click on any of the files and select "Extract" or "Extract to"
5 Select the "Application" folder and select "Extract"
6. Once extracted to the "Application" folder, have cx open "Application" folder
7. Highlight all extracted files by pressing "Control+A"
8. Then, right click on any of the files and select "Copy"
9. Go to "My Computer" or "Computer" and right click on the tomtom drive and select "Paste"
10. Once copied to device, safely disconnect the device and verify functionality of the device."

Hope this helps
540TM XXL app 9.103, map NA 865

Last edited by a moderator:
The utility WinRar allows for extraction to the unit in one step, not two as CS wanted.

Different strokes for different folks. ;)

I agree plus it puts the files in the correct order.
I like how you present solutions to TT issues nice job!
from one across the lake.

540 TM XXL map 865 app 9.103

Ask a Question