Latest application for XXL 540TM

TomTom Model(s)
540TM XXL
Last edited by a moderator:
What do you currently have and, more importantly, if things seem to be working, I would NOT update..........

XXL application

If you are new than I would recommend that you wait.
There are many XXL units of the 540 that have country verisions.

I posted this so some of the more experts could check it out.

Maybe one day TomTom wil get into the water nav gps with land funtions as well

I have 2 XXL 540TM units. After updating through Home2 I also have the map out of date and mapshare not supported error message. I cannot use "operate my device" but I can use "manage my device". The units work fine as far as I can tell. This is the update data I have on both units:

App 9.061.576030.2 OS 567329
( 1034, 9/15/2010 )
64MB RAM ( free 17.4MB )
GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5279
Map: `USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P` v860.3121
Language: English US

RX Serial #s

Oliver

Well, if you want to take a chance.....do this one ONE unit only and MAKE SURE you do an Explorer backup first!

Download this application and delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Extract the application to the unit using WinRar, overwriting as necessary. Then disconnect the unit PROPERLY from the computer.

But do the Explorer backup first as I said.....

Here is a list of application for XXL 540s

XXL 540TM
App 9.103.53973.2 OS 539302
GPSv1.20 boot 5.5244
Map NA v860.3121

you have 9.103 installed and map 8.60,

are all functions working well?
-Operate my XXL in TThome
-correction to mapshare

thks, pat

are all functions working well?
-Operate my XXL in TThome
-correction to mapshare

Yes,
also 3D building, lane guidance, POI, zoom in at turns, traffic updates

Sat locations all 8
DeviceName=TomTom XXL IQ Routes Edition
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XXL IQ Routes
BootLoaderVersion=55244
LinuxVersion=539302
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9103
ApplicationVersion=539753.2
GPSFirmwareVersion=2.15.0 65947
CurrentMap=USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P
CurrentMapVersion=860.3121

Will not know till the lates map upgrade is sent, but for now works ok

I had to try.

On my unit version 9.103 is doing the same as 9.058, all is functional including operate as my xxl. only mapshare is not functional.

first version meant for my XXL540 that seems to deliver all features (as i am assuming the mapshare issue is more related to map 860)
will try it on the road tomorrow.

_pat

Last edited:
Well, if you want to take a chance.....do this one ONE unit only and MAKE SURE you do an Explorer backup first!

Download this application and delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Extract the application to the unit using WinRar, overwriting as necessary. Then disconnect the unit PROPERLY from the computer.

But do the Explorer backup first as I said.....

Thanks dhn. Got back from work a couple hours ago and did the above on one of the units. Everything on Home2 works now on that one. I read this a couple of weeks ago but held off from installing this app hoping for an updated software fix. I see that patri installed the new app, on a WE unit. Congrats, glad it works!! (Except for mapshare). Maybe these new apps are betas. We shall see. Anyway, thanks again for helping.

Oliver

tried it on the road for a few hours today

the xxl version 103 (9.103.gl.CAB-navcore-XXL.cab) is doing fine with my XXL540.
Not to say it will as there seems to be different behavior from the 540.

_pat

Not to say it will as there seems to be different behavior from the 540.

What have you noted?
I found that after the upgrade one needs to do a soft reset. this sets the bif file.

The different between units for me was more about the fact that as per this thread and some others, it seems that all 540 are not the same.

some will be functional with app 9.053, some 9.056, some with 9.061 but not the other

Some unit seem to be same product (2GB vs 4GB) and on similar Boot version, but reacted differently to the Apps version. It is not impossible that there are more than one hardware under the hood of a same product number

In short my point was that it is not because mine was happy with the 9.103 that this will necessarily apply to other, so all most progress thru this carefully

_pat

patri,
Thanks for the feedback.
I think depending on were the unit was made, different chipsets were used.

v9.051is the offical app
when I bought mine it had v9.053
v9.058,v9.101,v9.103 and v9.120 will work.
You have to make sure that one uses the XXL cab

right now using v9.120 to see if that work.
XXL type Type: "xxl2009_plus_2048_tts_black

Well V9.120 works but will not connect to TT Traffic, so back to v9.103
wayne
upstate NY

Last edited:
I'm interested in experimenting because app v9.053 now on my 4GB XXL540s TM World Edition will not "Operate my Device" or allow "Use TomTom Route Planner".

In beachjumper's post of 24 January I saw a bunch of different downloads mentioned, both .xpi's and .cab's. Firefox offers to install the .xpi's as Add-ons, but I don't know the relevance, benefit or harm that might be caused by allowing that to happen.

As to the .cab archive files, I saw only 2 of them had "XXL" in the names: 9.101.gl.CAB-navcore-XXL.cab and 9.103.gl.CAB-navcore-XXL.cab.

1) What can or should be done with the .xpi files?

2) Am I restricted to trying only those applications in the two .cab's with XXL in their names?

Thanks.

It is really dangerous to be installing applications not really meant for the unit in question.

I, too, have the 540WTE WITH 9.053 and just downloaded 865 yesterday. My emulator works fine. Haven't tried the route planner lately but that's a function of Home more than anything to do with the application on the unit.

In any event, if you DO wish to experiment, you MUST make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents first.

And look for an application with XXL, an extension of .cab, and a reference to 'S'. (The European models did NOT have tts).

Be advised that some apps also upgrade the bootloader on the unit and while the apps can be downgraded, the bootloader version can NOT.

Consequently, other issues may arise that can't be remedied by an Explorer restore.

Ask a Question