Last issue to resolve

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One Third Edition
Beginning to adjust to the TT way of things(have a garmin C320 in my company car) and I really like the cool customizing you can do with a TT but one thing that really pisses me off is the inability to have the TT one 3rd edition auto power on and off with the vehicle. The power point its plugged into is switched with the vehicle so you would think it would be an easy software issue to make happen.

Craig

Last edited:
Beginning to adjust to the TT way of things(have a garmin C320 in my company car) and I really like the cool customizing you can do with a TT but one thing that really pisses me off is the inability to have the TT one 3rd edition auto power on and off with the vehicle. The power point its plugged into is switched with the vehicle so you would think it would be an easy software issue to make happen.

Craig

I know the 720 has the ability to shut down if external power is lost; perhaps yours does too. Preferences-->Battery Saving option. There is no way to autostart; apparently, there used to be that functionality but it was removed with a firmware update some time ago.

Craig

I've been ranting about this omission for some time now. Check out this thread:

http://tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=6362

I just bought a TomTom for my wife (on eBay), and went with a new, unopened One LE (the model that was sold by BestBuy during the holidays) because that version of the One can be configured to auto power off. My wife would never remember to turn the GPS off, so this feature was a prerequisite.

I'm hoping that some clever programmer will create a 3rd party application for the One 3rd Edition so that we can have this feature too.

It boggles the mind that this feature would work on some versions of the ONE but not others! I can *almost* seeing using a different software version for different models, but different software for different sub-versions of the same model? It's crazy, but it's true.

It boggles the mind that this feature would work on some versions of the ONE but not others! I can *almost* seeing using a different software version for different models, but different software for different sub-versions of the same model? It's crazy, but it's true.

Yes, it is truly maddening. Like I said, my wife's GPS **must** have this feature, so I bought her a One LE. The GPS' batteries would get drained to nothing every day, if I gave her a One 3rd Edition.

For my One 3rd Edition, my only hope is to wait for a firmware update from TomTom that will give me this functionality, or to hope that a programmer makes a 3rd Party Application that will do this.

Are you sure you're running the latest app software version? My TT One did not have that feautre until this weekend, when I upgraded the app to the latest ver. Now I have the auto-off option (but still no auto-on like the C330). Still, better than no auto-off as before! :)

Are you sure you're running the latest app software version? My TT One did not have that feautre until this weekend, when I upgraded the app to the latest ver. Now I have the auto-off option (but still no auto-on like the C330). Still, better than no auto-off as before! :)

Yes, I'm running 7.162. That's the difference between the One 2nd Edition that you own and the One 3rd Edition that I have. To my knowledge, nobody with a 3rd Edition has the ability to auto power off. The screen with that configuration choice does not appear on the One 3rd Edition.

:mad:

I emailed TomTom about the auto on/off. they said they are working on this feature. I dont know if its true or not but if we can get enough people to emailed TT, maybe they will come out with a firmware that has this feature...

Yes, I'm running 7.162. That's the difference between the One 2nd Edition that you own and the One 3rd Edition that I have. To my knowledge, nobody with a 3rd Edition has the ability to auto power off. The screen with that configuration choice does not appear on the One 3rd Edition.

:mad:

Damn, that's a bummer. Sorry, I didn;t realize they'd have these discrepancies on the same s/ware version for the same family device. Live and learn, eh! :)

Ask a Question