App 7.166

TomTom Model(s)
One - 3rd edition
TomTom Home uploaded App 7.166 to my TomTom ONE 3rd edition this morning.

Anyone know what new/lost features are in this release?

TomTom Home uploaded App 7.166 to my TomTom ONE 3rd edition this morning.

Anyone know what new/lost features are in this release?

I don't know what the changes are but according to the website this is strictley for the 3rd edition ONE and it says minor improvements.

I was going to attach a screen print from TT Home screen but then noticed something interesting.

TT Home shows " APP 7.163 (8493/040301)

However if my TT is disconnected from the computer and I access the same screen it shows "APP 7.166 (8497/080109):confused:

Prior to this update I seem to recall that if I performed a
Navigate to, POI, PIO in city, selected a city, search: then any custom POIs I had downloaded were not included (only the factory POI and any additions I had done thru TT would show), but now custom POI's also show.

The original TT 3rd I had suffered the WSD. After the patch, it showed ver 7.165

The replacement they sent me shows 7.162 with no available updates for it.

I wonder if 7.166 is a typo and the minor fix is the WSD patch

I just updated my TT ONE 3rd edition today to the latest application 7.166. The update seemed to go just fine. In TT Home, I clicked 'Device' then 'disconnect device', and my TT tried to reboot. When it did, it automatically reconnected me to TT Home on my PC without the TT screen asking me if I wanted to connect to the computer! Then it said a needed parameter was missing! TT Home automatically checked for updates and said I needed the new app 7.166... which I had just installed. I just clicked 'Device' then 'disconnect device' again and the TT rebooted. This time the TT came up okay. I checked the version on TT and it says I have 7.166. Rebooted again?connecting to computer this time, and TT Home said there were no updates.

Just a heads up in case others might experience this. Sometimes computers need to reboot a second time before all changes take effect... at least in the old Win98 that was sometimes true.

Ask a Question