HD Traffic Out The Last Two Days?

TomTom Model(s)
GO Live
I took a short trip yesterday and the entire trip all I had on the traffic bar was a yellow triangle. Tried soft reset, full reboot (click 3 times, Dorothy) and resetting the modem. All no joy.

Has anyone else had this problem? I figure a call to CS is in order tomorrow.

Gracias, Francesco.

Not seeing that here in Colorado.

Not sure which GO Live you own, but check to see if you have a carrier connection. If you're not sure how to do that, let us know exactly which model you have. There are Nav2, Nav3 and now Nav4 versions of GO Live units out there now, all with different menus.

It will help if you identify whether you can get a carrier connection. If your device shows solid MCC/MNC information and blue bars, the problem will be different than if the connection to AT&T is there, but disappears (a sign of it being rejected). That can save some time when talking with tech support.

I understand. What's irritating is that here in my home I cannot get ATT reception. I have to travel about 2 miles toward the highway before ATT can even connect with the unit (ATT is highway-centric here). So, if a TT rep changes anything, I can't tell if it works until I get to the highway. I suppose I could sit by the highway with my cell... :)

Gracias!

Well, the problem isn't the service itself. However, the TT customer service agent- while a nice fellow- was utterly unhelpful in figuring out the problem. He consulted a supervisor and essentially told me (actually, in fact) "Somedays it works, somedays it doesn't!".

I have the network, Live Search, TripAdvisor and all that. But when out on the road, all I get on the traffic bar at the right is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it. And: "There is a problem with the TomTom server. Try again later!".

A shot in the dark:

Try setting the device (under Connections) to enable airplane mode, wait a second or two, and then disable airplane mode.

SOLVED!!! :p

Sometimes desperation is the friend of the TomTom user!!! This evening while out with friends, I took the GO. Going through everything I could think of, I finally logged into "My Services". Lo and behold, for some reason my GO had forgotten or deleted its password.

Entered the account name and password, VOILA, Traffic.

This morning a well-meaning customer service agent and his supervisor spent 40 minutes telling me that the limited coverage by HD Traffic in my area was the reason I kept getting "There is a problem with the TomTom server!". Never once did either suggest this curative.

I hope this helps anyone suffering from a similar problem.

Regards! Francesco.

Ask a Question