Start 55 et 45 doesnt work Home2 (lasted )on mac os 10.7.4

TomTom Model(s)
Start 55TM
PROBLEM TomTom HOME:

I use a tomtom home 55 tm, the machine is not bad it suits me well. The problem that I observed in tomtom c is the incompatibility with intel mac.
I have several mac on which J have tried the Start and the 45LM Start 55TM and a Garmin 40 (no prob with garmin everything went well except that there was no update map on the server (there are pe had not yet).

My MAC:

PPC G4 Titanium with Tiger 10.4.11 software tomtom home 1.5 does not work on it.
MACBOOK Pro core2 duo 2.5 ghz 10.6.8 software tomtom home 1.5 does not work on it. The two home runs but the tomtom established a connection with the mac. The home 55 mounts on the desktop Home 2 software instantly leaves.
Macbook pro (2012) I 7 core clocked at 2.3 GHz with 10.7.4 software tomtom home 2 runs, but left when the GPS mounts on the desktop.
Result unable to update. But against j have access to all of start55 which appears as a conventional HD device. I see all the files.

*It would have tomtom can enable us to access the files so that you do the update manually. For there the day I really feel myself to have done by buying a non-functional. Furthermore when no call tomtom support bracket serious n is given.

First bad point with the tomtom support. com / support: no service in French, only English and Spanish are supported, although the indication on the product box or in French. But good as I am in Canada I'm used to seeing me with my native language without any respect for the money I give them.
Seeing that I bring home the 45 that I aviais buy from wal-mart with their return policy of non-satisfactory.
There I bought a Garmin 40 with life update.
Garmin's no problem, except I dont like the graphics they use.

So I went back with tom tom but this time I opted for the start 55 M with live traffic for life ... LOL! telling me that by putting a little more expensive it would be better quality. Although not at all, the same problems with the Start 45lm.

So I wonder if anyone has had the same problem as me with a similar configuration?
If someone have solved it and if yes, so how :)?

Sincerely,

David
Kievfoto

I ve try it but doesnt work with start 55tm

My tom tom sa, dont reconize my tom tom. In the Faq section you will see the only gps recommanded for it, but no start 55tm in the list....

Are you saying that if you connect the Start 55 to your Mac, that you can see all the contents of the unit using Finder????

Stop! My apologies to all for my mistake. Yes, the Start 40, 45, 50 and 55 are very odd -- these are four recent models released that still use TomTom Home. We were all very surprised to see these released after months and months of the new platform devices only, and we've seen so few of them here that I still can't remember that they are the older platform TomTom Home type devices. So I must start over with my comments.

When connecting these devices, they should look like an external drive to your Mac, and you should be able to see the internal content with Finder.

Are you successful in installing Home for the Mac, found here? ==> http://www.tomtom.com/services/service.php?id=16&tab=87

Ask a Question