Itinerary planning not working after

That's because you have to create a custom menu, I had the same issue ages ago. You can actually have an icon on the menu that will switch between the default menu and the custom menu (well sort of, its a bit more involved than that). It allows you to have the Itinerary planning icon on one menu and then the Map corrections and all the other default icons on the other menu.

Check out this link on how to do it:

Customizing Menus

As you can see from my signature, I managed to get Firmware v7.903 working on my One V3, thanks to 46Jimbo for helping me with that!

How you get the firmware is upto you.

It wasn't too much trouble once I got the firmware, but you can't use TT Home to do it. You have to copy all the firmware files to the Tomtom using Windows Explorer. Of course, you should make a backup of EVERYTHING in your Tomtom first and put the backup somewhere else on your PC. This is all at YOUR OWN RISK. Once you've backed everything up just delete everything except for the map directory from the Tomtom (the map directory will be pretty obvious). After that, just copy everything over from the firmware directory into the TomTom and then disconnect the TomTom and switch off and on again. That's it!

If you had any custom programs, such as Suntime or MenuTT or custom menus, you can just copy all that stuff back to the TomTom. This worked fine for me. I had trouble getting the custom menu to work again, but I think I know why.

At this time, I haven't tried any new v8.xxx map on my TomTom since the firmware upgrade, simply because I'm waiting until I know whether TomTom are going to bring out any new maps between now and the end of March.

Hopefully this will help anyone who has a V3 and wants to run the newer maps on it but keep the Itinerary planning feature!

Last edited:
thanks, that brought up the itinerary menu. But now it does not look like my TT is finding any satellites

ok, everything is working fine on my TT v3 now. I was just in a bad location and could not hit any satellites.

Maybe I'm missing something.

I've modified the menu to see the itinerary.

After installing firmware v 8.010, I was able to use the itinerary with Operate My One, but when I tried to use it on the GPS alone, it reboots. I didn't expect that to work anyway. So...

After installing firmware 7.166, the 125 will not boot up. It freezes on the splash screen.

I've installed the firmware by using explorer to overwrite the files. I tried removing all files (not folders) on the TT root before coping firmware.

I have map v7.25, so I didn't expect a conflict there.

Am I missing something?

If the unit gets stuck when booting, it could be because of a poorly copied file. Why don't you try reformating the memory and then recopying the firmware. And make sure that you have a copy of your map before you reformat!

Can anyone help point me to the right direction on getting the v7.903 firmware because TomTom site doesn't have it as I have TomTom One Version 3 unit. I have tried using Google to find it without any luck. Thanks everyone.

Ask a Question