Itinerary planning not working after

The backup I did was a complete copy of the drive using Explorer. That is how I got it back to the previous version.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what do you mean by "Explorer?" I did not know there was another way to do the back up besides through TomTom Home. Did you pull up the drive on "My Computer" (where it shows the TomTom as an external drive) and drag and drop the saved copy into the TT?

Also, when I have the TT connected to my computer via TomTom Home, then I am able to use the Itinerary button and all the saved itineraries are still there. I don't understand that.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what do you mean by "Explorer?" I did not know there was another way to do the back up besides through TomTom Home. Did you pull up the drive on "My Computer" (where it shows the TomTom as an external drive) and drag and drop the saved copy into the TT?

Also, when I have the TT connected to my computer via TomTom Home, then I am able to use the Itinerary button and all the saved itineraries are still there. I don't understand that.

Did you pull up the drive on "My Computer" (where it shows the TomTom as an external drive) and drag and drop the saved copy into the TT? Yes... Explorer as in 'Windows Explorer'. You can access it thru 'My Computer' or 'right-click' on start button then 'Explore'. Just copy the whole drive from where your TomTom is located (mine comes up as 'G' drive but yours may be different). Be sure to show hidden files and don't hide extenders.

Not sure why itinerary works for you on Home but not on your unit itself.
confused0006.gif

Windows Explorer, a simple copy of everything. "My Computer".

Hmmm. The itinerary function could have been "moved" to TomTom Home to save code and space on the One 3rd, since both were updated about the same time. Some thought on the subject, how often would the user be writing an itinerary when not at the computer?

Problem solved, thanks

Rick F. and dag,
I copied the backup I had of version 7.166 to the TT and all is now happy in TT land. I can do itineraries again.:)

Of course I need my computer to make new itineraries (using GoogleMaps), but without the itinerary tab working on my TT unit, I could not access any of the custom routes. Whenever I chose the Itinerary tab, the unit would freeze up and I had to push the reset button. All now works again.

Thanks for both of your advice. I am saving an extra copy of my version 7.166 backup on my computer in another file, so if I get stupid in the future and say "yes" to another update and also overwrite my backup, I can still revert to 7.166 again. (Kind of the "belt and suspenders" approach to backups, but it makes me feel better.)

-Saturn

Hey Saturn,

Glad to hear you were sucessful in getting 'itinerary planning' back to working with restoration of 7.166 firmware. :)

I am running 8.0.10 and want to play with iternary. I do not have any backup of 7.166 but I have 7.166 program in C:\TomTom\HOME\Download\program\TomTom_Application_for_ONE_3RD_Edition (Computer Hard disk)

navcore_7.166.8497.onev6.cab
navcore_7.toc
program.png

Any idea how I can restore 7.166 ?

Thanks

I am running 8.0.10 and want to play with iternary. I do not have any backup of 7.166 but I have 7.166 program in C:\TomTom\HOME\Download\program\TomTom_Application_for_ONE_3RD_Edition (Computer Hard disk)

navcore_7.166.8497.onev6.cab
navcore_7.toc
program.png

Any idea how I can restore 7.166 ?

Thanks

You could first make a full backup of your unit using Explorer, not TTHome. Then, remove all loose files (NO folders) from the root of your unt. Then use Home and navigate to Items on my computer (through add maps/voices icon) and you should see a listing for Application. If necessary, click on the more info link. If it says 7.166, then choose to install. If not, you have 2 choices: 1) restore from the backup you just made or 2) open the cab file by using Explorer and right click. You should be able to extract the loose files to the root of your unit.

The Itinerary Planner missing from navcore 8.01x for ONE models is causing quite a stir. It may have wider implications: http://blogger.xs4all.nl/hogev/.
Its completely missing or not working? I've seen posts about it not working after the most recent update. I have the latest update and my IP works fine.
Also, how do you save a route using google maps?

You could first make a full backup of your unit using Explorer, not TTHome. Then, remove all loose files (NO folders) from the root of your unt. Then use Home and navigate to Items on my computer (through add maps/voices icon) and you should see a listing for Application. If necessary, click on the more info link. If it says 7.166, then choose to install. If not, you have 2 choices: 1) restore from the backup you just made or 2) open the cab file by using Explorer and right click. You should be able to extract the loose files to the root of your unit.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I hope someone could help me how to "update" version from 8.xx to 7.xx .

I have Tomtom One 3rd edition with Europe maps. I have tried to do what you told me; removed all the files not folders (with files). Installed new ones from oldboy -site. The problem is that the TT won't start after that; first I see the startup picture then it tries to work on the disk mode and when it is not connected to pc, it gets jammed to startup picture again. I have pushed the reset button but it doesn't help.

See if information here helps.
I have looked at that and there is no help. I have already the latest version 8.xxx and that is the whole problem. I would like to "update" to version 7.xxx but with no success yet (there is no easy way with a 7.xxx backup). I have tested with some of the version packages from "oldboy" but I cannot seem to find the correct configuration. If I just delete everything from my TT except the map folder and install the package from oldboy it is not starting up correctly (as I explained before). Could it be that I need to put there something else besides the map folder from the existing 8.xxx package?

The Firmware v7.xxx won't work with a v8.xxx map. You will have to have a v7 map.

After earlier postings I contacted TomTom support and they told me the same. They also told that there is going to be a new version very soon. According to them there is a possibility that there could be some help to my (or our) problem. I'm waiting for a update now as I don't have a v7 map.

I've been following this Itinerary planning thread right from the start and something posted just recently caught my eye....

46jimbo, did you just say that if I buy a V8.xxx and put it on my One that have V7.xxx firmware that it won't work? I'm asking because I was planning on buying the Canada and Alaska map for my One as I'm going up there on a family trip in May and looking at TomTom's website, the map is v8.15. If this won't work that would suck, 'cos I always use Itinerary planning. I need my Canada map :(

Actually, TomTom has recently released Navcore v7.903 which allows your One to run v8.15 maps.

(Navcore v8 firmware was too much of a drag on the One's processor. So v7.903 seems to be v8 lite!)

Actually, TomTom has recently released Navcore v7.903 which allows your One to run v8.15 maps.

(Navcore v8 firmware was too much of a drag on the One's processor. So v7.903 seems to be v8 lite!)

I guess I must have missed this newer firmware announcement....am I right in assuming that it will work itinerary planning then (as it is isn't v8 firmware)? If it does work, how do I get it? My TomTom is still offering v8.010(which of course we all know doesn't work itinerary planning :( ) whenever I start Home.

If it does work, how do I get it?

I just connected to Home and this was the update that was downloaded.

I have a One v2, so the itinerary issue never affected me. That's a problem for the people who have a 3rd Ed.

Perhaps they offer v8.010 for the 3rd Edition.

OH! I didn't know that you had a V2. I guess maybe TT just make v8 available for us V3 owners....oh well. If v7.903 does work on my TT I'll let you all know.

No itinerary icon

I have a TomTom One 3rd Edition that I got for Christmas. I have been reading this thread and wanted to be able to do itinerary planning. The version I got with my TT was 8.010 with maps USA -Canada 715.1712.

I followed the instructions in this thread and replaced the ver 8 software with ver 7.166.

The icons change removing the map corrections icons (which I didn't use anyway) but it did not put in a itinerary icon. I have done a test itinerary using Tyre (of which there is an icon for now on my TT) and the file is saved. However, without the itinerary icon I cannot get it to load on my TT.

Am I missing something?

Ask a Question