Itinerary planning not working after

dag

upgrade to ver 8.010. I have it in the menu, but when I click it, my TomTom locks up. I have a TomTom One 3rd edition.

Another problem that was easily fixed, tripmaster had to be reloaded.

Yep, the update to Navcore 8.010 does in fact break all those TT-3rd editions that have added the custom menu. The only fix is to fall back to Navcore 7.

See this link for 3 pgs of discussion. Toward the end (pg 3) I posted what TT support told me in an email... that 3rd edition never was supposed to have itinerary function and that anyone who added the custom menu to their 3rd edition voided their warranty.

If interested, you can get the older version (Navcore 7.162) here:
http://www.oldboy.me.uk/TomTomUpdates/

Hope this helps.

Yep, the update to Navcore 8.010 does in fact break all those TT-3rd editions that have added the custom menu. The only fix is to fall back to Navcore 7.

See this link for 3 pgs of discussion. Toward the end (pg 3) I posted what TT support told me in an email... that 3rd edition never was supposed to have itinerary function and that anyone who added the custom menu to their 3rd edition voided their warranty.

Hope this helps.

Fortunately, I did a full back up in March, which was just before ver 7.166. I rewrote all the files to my One, and Home called up the 7.166 upgrade. Then it called up the 8.010 upgrade, which I refused. All is back to the way I like it.

Or you can stick with NavCore 8, as I am, and wait for someone to figure a hack for the Itineraries. :rolleyes:

R?

I really want the Itinerary planner, use it a good bit, so I've restored the previous version. It doesn't cost them any more to leave it in there, so there isn't any good reason to remove it, which I'm sure took more engineering time to do rather than leave it alone. Unless they traded it for another feature.

Fortunately, I did a full back up in March, which was just before ver 7.166. I rewrote all the files to my One, and Home called up the 7.166 upgrade. Then it called up the 8.010 upgrade, which I refused. All is back to the way I like it.

Glad to read you were able to get it working again. This is why everyone should make backups - it makes it easier to fall back when TT folks write bad code changes.

Ricochet, the 'hack' may be here already!

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=10105

You have to be a bit of a techie, though.

I was just looking over that thread and looked for the file referenced in it. My TomTom one 3rd does not have an arch/ folder. That leaves me wondering if it is at all possible on my TomTom. Or maybe I need to use Linux instead of Windows to find it. Worth a shot, any way.

Edit: Linux didn't help.

Last edited:
The file is not on the TomTom filesystem itself. It's in the source code for the TomTom Linux kernel. You have to set up the ARM Linux toolchain in order to compile a new kernel and create a new ttsystem file. See http://www.tomtom.com/gpl

The file is not on the TomTom filesystem itself. It's in the source code for the TomTom Linux kernel. You have to set up the ARM Linux toolchain in order to compile a new kernel and create a new ttsystem file. See http://www.tomtom.com/gpl

It has been a little while since I've done any compiling. It might be worth playing with again.

Ricochet, the 'hack' may be here already!

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=10105

You have to be a bit of a techie, though.
Thanks, I've been following that thread with interest. Not sure I'm ready for a kernel recomp, tho... :rolleyes:

The first danger that springs to mind is: how the updater treats a hybrid device (& where does it check for the version)? Would this ONE now receive Rider updates? Would each successive NavCore update overwrite the changes, leading to recurring recompiles? More experimentation is needed.

R?

The first danger that springs to mind is: how the updater treats a hybrid device (& where does it check for the version)? Would this ONE now receive Rider updates?
This, I can't answer yet. I haven't tried out enough things.

Would each successive NavCore update overwrite the changes, leading to recurring recompiles?

I would imagine the answer is "yes." Each NavCore update seems to ship a new ttsystem file. You'd need to replace that file out each time they updated it.

More experimentation is needed.

For sure.

Also note that I combined my hack with a custom menu structure to clean things up a little bit. This eliminates stuff like bluetooth that isn't on my One 130.

Hope this helps.

Hi, I just bought a TomTom One 130 last week. One of the things I liked most about it when I first started using it (before connecting it to my computer) was the compass. But then I connected it to my computer and ran the updates, the next thing I know the compass is gone. I also would very much have liked to use the Itinerary custom menu hack (which I have tried to put on since, but freezes the unit when I try and access it).

I tried the older version of the software via the link above, but every time I replace those files, the unit just gives me a flashing "X" when I disconnect from the computer.

Any thoughts on how I can revert to Vers 7 (given that I obviously didn't have a chance to make a backup before upgrading to 8)?

(FYI, I'm on Mac, if that makes any difference, though I don't see how, but I have WinXP access.)

I tried restoring from my backup, but the restore failed! Any suggestions to get Itinerary planning to work again?

I tried restoring from my backup, but the restore failed! Any suggestions to get Itinerary planning to work again?

How did you try the restore? Using Home or Explorer? Also, how did you make the backup? Home or Explorer?

I did the restore using TomTom Home, which is how I made the backup.

upgrade to V8.010

I'm having some trouble also after upgrade to 8.010. I've noticed some new features, such as the ability to change the car icon, which I like. But...now I cannot connect to my computer. It seems that my computer no longer recongizes my TomTom. Any suggestions??? At this point I want to hit the reset button because I cannot connect to the computer to restore a bacup of the previous OS. Any help...

Thanks
Tommy D

The backup I did was a complete copy of the drive using Explorer. That is how I got it back to the previous version.

Ask a Question