Itinerary planning

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
I am currently planning a dual sport motorcycle ride through Washington State. The route is approximately 5 - 6 days in length. The tracks were originally laid by a motorcycle company called Touratech using Garmin software. Most of the days they have plotted have track numbers in the thousands. I have been able to select individual points and inputed them into the Rider 2 using lat and long coordinates. However, when I try to add an itinerary for a second day, the software wants me to add it to the first day, which will create to make tracks to be acceptable. How do I avoid this and create each day individually?

Ad

Advertisements

canderson

TomTom Model(s)
GO720, GO740TM Live, GO 1535 Live, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, TomTom Bridge
If I recall correctly, your Rider 2 takes a standard TomTom *.itn file. If so, you should be able to (if you like) create a different itinerary file for each day using a different name for each (e.g., DAY1.itn, DAY2.itn, etc.) These are stored in the folder called "itn" on your Rider.
If you need a tool that lets you fiddle both *.gpx and *.itn files (you can create one from the other), I recommend POIEdit. Find it here: http://www.poiedit.com/downloads.htm

You can use your Rider to load/run a new Itinerary each day.

Ask a Question