Itinerary planning

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
I am currently planning a dual sport motorcycle ride through Washington State. The route is approximately 5 - 6 days in length. The tracks were originally laid by a motorcycle company called Touratech using Garmin software. Most of the days they have plotted have track numbers in the thousands. I have been able to select individual points and inputed them into the Rider 2 using lat and long coordinates. However, when I try to add an itinerary for a second day, the software wants me to add it to the first day, which will create to make tracks to be acceptable. How do I avoid this and create each day individually?

If I recall correctly, your Rider 2 takes a standard TomTom *.itn file. If so, you should be able to (if you like) create a different itinerary file for each day using a different name for each (e.g., DAY1.itn, DAY2.itn, etc.) These are stored in the folder called "itn" on your Rider.
If you need a tool that lets you fiddle both *.gpx and *.itn files (you can create one from the other), I recommend POIEdit. Find it here: http://www.poiedit.com/downloads.htm

You can use your Rider to load/run a new Itinerary each day.

Ask a Question