Issues/Problems with map 905

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
Go 50; Go 520
Any issues or problems with map 905 should be done in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you updated Home?
You should be on v2.9.4.3058 for Windows or v2.9.4.1939 for Mac.

Maybe the new maps are being rolled out slowly for different units to avoid their servers getting swamped. I think they have done that before.

Tomtom has confirmed that there's a 1-week delay for HOME2-based devices. (North America has a 3-4 week delay for all devices).

That's 3 to 4 weeks of additional delay for N.A. maps. Based upon previous history of map releases, I'd say we're already a week or more late.

Maps other than North America are being released.

We're not informed of the order of distribution by Tomtom. I'm sure they don't want their map servers to be overloaded but, as canderson said, only the NA maps are delayed for a few weeks so all models with maps of other continents or regions should expect them to be available in the next couple of days--if not already done.

I've not heard that any but North America are being held back at this point. I haven't had time to follow some of the other boards much, but here's the official word from TomTom's site as of yesterday, 1 March (so you have context for what "today" means in this quote!):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today we have released maps version 9.05 for Europe, Middle East, Africa and Australia Pacific, for download and purchase.
The subscription tool is currently undergoing maintenance, which means that some customers with a Map Update Subscription for Europe will receive their new map next week rather than today. We're sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. We will of course update you here as well when the maps are all fully released.

USA/Canada/Mexico maps version 9.05 are expected in 3-4 weeks. The delay is due to some late road-constructions that need to be implemented before release.

Please note: If you had an active Map Update Subscription for any of the maps on the 15th of February, you will still receive the map for download when they’re released.

The non North America maps should be released for all devices within a week. No news on which device are first, but I heard the Home2-based devices are often the ones lagging behind on the availability schedule.

@mvl
I already have the European 905 for my GO 740, so Nav2 isn't lagging.

They said all devices outside North America will get maps within a week. I guess the 740 was already set up. It's possible the loads are happening over the weekend too.

The Europe 905 shows as available for me for my 540XXL device but not through the normal channels.......

so im stilll waiting for my map ????? does anybody know when were actually going to get this realise as its the 9th today and no sign yet ?????

hi ive no new map and payed until july 2013 ive got the latest tom tom home so can anybody tell my when its going to arrive ??? never been late before regards mark:confused::confused::confused::confused:

(2 posts merged)

Last edited by a moderator:
No, they aren't normally this late but maps for Nav2 devices (using Home) are having a problem ... worldwide.

Theere is clearly something strange going on with TomTom and their map servers. Don't remember a situation like this in the past six years.

Of course, we're not privy to what's going on .

Patience is a virtue, I guess.........

Ask a Question