Issue after downloading map

Well isn't that something else. I just bought one of the cards you featured above.
I bought it from a Trademe seller, for NZ$15.00. Might buy some more as it was one that failed on me.

It was the Elite pro card that says it is good for TOMTOM.

Thanks a lot to all who have helped me out here.

I went to buy some of the cards from Amazon, but they will not ship to NZ!!

A 4 gb sd card will work ....... if you can find one. A 4gb sdhc card will not work.

If you can find the 4 gb card and copy everything (map, application, all other folders) to the card then the unit will boot from the sd card.

I thought I had a 4 gig card that would work, it is listed to work with Tomtom, it is an Elite Pro 4 gig card. However when I put it in my Tomtom and hook it up to the computer the computer says the card needs to be formated, but the card does not show up in the computer. I have tried to transfer all the files and I think I have got it right. I say that because when I put the card into the computer by itself Tomtom Home comes up and works properly.

Good question? I used the format that my Win 7 64 bit comp runs.
So I will do some checking.

Maybe I did format to Fat32, or maybe I didn't, I used the default setting.
So anyway I am doing it again now, formatted it and now copying the files across again.

If it does not work then maybe my OneXL will not support a 4 gig card.

Yes, it is formted as Fat 32, and I have reloaded the files.
It will not work in the Tomtom. The computer still says it needs reformating,

Will it work if I try it as Fat. or is it that my Tomtom will not recognise the 4 gig card.

I guess I am left with only 2 gig card, which is not big enough to take the large Map of Europe.

Hi,

it should work as long as it really is only an SD card and not an SDHC card. However most SDHC cards are only labeled as SD cards as well. That's a common problem when purchasing 4GB SD cards.

If you don't get your 4GB card to work there's still the possibility to get multiple 2GB SD cards if you need multiple zones on a single journey. That way you could install different zones to the different cards and then you'd only have to swap cards to switch between the map zones.

Regards
Lars.

Sure have, I should have thanked you.
That is why I went ahead and bought the one I did, it is in one of those links above, and it is specifically listed in that link as being suitable for Tomtom.

And I know I am not supposed to say this here, but the 4 gig card can be seen fine in my older Nuvi 200W

Sure you can mention the Nuvi here. Anything goes for a Kiwi!

Well, almost anything ................ :)

I found the name of the ones I bought for a friend a few months ago (which are working fine in his two GO500's

They had "PLATINUM" as the brand name on the label.
I've seen them recently on searches too.

And I know I am not supposed to say this here, but the 4 gig card can be seen fine in my older Nuvi 200W
I have not seen any objection here to the mention of competing products. The web site is not connected with TomTom (the company) and the moderators do not work for TomTom.

Also, I have seen a couple of the moderators mention their personal use of GPS products made by other companies - although they also use TomTom products. (If my memory is correct, canderson even lists a Garmin model in his signature.)

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Also, I have seen a couple of the moderators mention their personal use of GPS products made by other companies - although they also use TomTom products. (If my memory is correct, canderson even lists a Garmin model in his signature.)

As Colonel Walter E. Kurtz (aka Marlo Brando) said in Apocalypse Now, "Oh, the horror ......" :D

Can you help me? i have a 4gb SD card, not SDHC but it's not working on my TT ONE New Edition and i dont know why, beacuse a lot of people says that a 4GB SD card will work.

Hi, thanks for your reply...finally...it works...i start over with backup TT internal memory, put the back-up on SD card and then downloading the map "Europe" 2.12 Gb...and TT recognize the 4Gb SD card. It is Elite Pro 4Gb.

Ask a Question