Issues in downloading a new map

TomTom Model(s)
Live 950
Hi all I have just brought a new TomTom 950 Live as I am doing 1K plus miles a week for work hence wanted the best traffic and speed cameras on top of this I travel in both the US and europe for work hence needed the maps. I used to use my free Nokia maps on my phone but the speed cameras aren't up to much and you can't add your own POI's.
I have been a TomTom user for years also on phones/PDA'a and my wifes One V2, hence the choice was easy, I like the unit and this is after only one week the bluetooth hands free is better than the nokia kit I have in my car so use this all the time now. the issue I have is when I brought the unit last week I plug it nt my laptop and set it all up and I had both maps to update to a newer version which I did all 3.5GB, now there is a new 850. USA map out and it lets me down load but as the download completes it stops with a server issue and I can not re-start this until I delate the temp files it has downloaded. I have e-mails customer services but throught I would post here as well to see if any one has a easy answer.

it never gets to there it stays i downloads/Temp and a group of files all as .tmp files and I have to delete to re-start the download

Are you trying to download using a wireless connection? If so, try a directly connected computer.

tried both wireless and wired and the same results I have so far downloaded the map 6 times only to have to delete the tem files. the tem files are the right size for the full map, and I have watch this downloading as a fast connect here it only tock 20 mins and all OK right up to the point of home moving the files into the download forlder.
I have tried this on my laptop which is Windows 7 and a desktop which is XP both give the same results.

If you can disable your AV and Firewall for the duration of the download it might be worth trying again with these turned off as it could be either that is causing some issue with drive access preventing the files being written to the folder Home is trying to use. Only go via a direct wired connection though, whilst WiFi is great for a round the house use it is known to cause issues with Home and downloads from the server at TomTom - Mike

Ask a Question