Is Tom Tom Help down?

TomTom Model(s)
I tried to email Tom Tom today because Operate my Go is still not working on my computer, but their website did not have an option that was functioning to email them. The last time I wrote to them, this was their reply:

"The error when trying to use 'Operate my GO' is because this feature is currently not compatible with version 8 of the TomTom application. We are working on this issue and it should be fixed in an update to TomTom HOME."

Is this still true?

Now, I have a problem, the voice feature on my 720 is not working. Another frustrating experience with technology. Anyone have any idea how to enable voice? I have selected the computer voice, and enable voice. It has always worked well in the recent past.

Thx,
Joey

You always get better results phoning, not emailing TT Support.

Now then, by 'voice', are you referring to Text to Speech? (TTS)

If it was working in the past, when did it stop? What did you do? Have you tried a pin reset? When you select a computer voice, can you hear the sample voice?

Please report back with more info........

tts

You always get better results phoning, not emailing TT Support.

Now then, by 'voice', are you referring to Text to Speech? (TTS)

If it was working in the past, when did it stop? What did you do? Have you tried a pin reset? When you select a computer voice, can you hear the sample voice?

Please report back with more info........

yes, I mean TTS. I have not done anything, and I was using 'Susan's Computer voice". It was working fine, it just stopped. I will try the pin reset, and No, I can not hear the sample voice, there is nothing.
Thx,
J

Can you hear if you play a mp3? Asking the obvious ... you haven't somehow turned the volume down to 0% or selected to 'Mute Voice'?

Not Muted

Can you hear if you play a mp3? Asking the obvious ... you haven't somehow turned the volume down to 0% or selected to 'Mute Voice'?

Wow, I thought you had me that time :). No, it was not muted. I don't have any MP3s on it. I have used the 'test' button on every voice available to me, none of them worked. I know TTs is enabled because the speech preference is on, when voice is disbalbed, that icon goes dim. The TTS makes a big difference too.
J

Ask a Question