Is there a Gps that will get me closer to my destination than a Tomtom

Mystery solved! :D

GMAIL users can alter google map locators.. Just did the office place and gal in the office tried to update her home but when she clicked on the pin and chose edit, it prompted her to enter her GMail login. So she was unable to change hers.

I then in front of her did same logged in with my account info, corrected hers which too was off by couple homes and it kept changes and now shared with all who seek her address.

SShadow I sent you a couple PMs but not sure if your getting them. I sent you transcript of my AIM chat session in which buddy checked online and saw same..

Also noticed you mentioned in your PM Google Earth, not sure how different than google maps as I'm going to maps.google.com, entering in addresses, going to satellite view, then clicking on the location pin and choosing edit. At that point screen refreshes to GMail login screen. Enter in login info, and it goes back to maps and allows me to move the pin locator and choose save. Once I do that, I'm logged out and changes are retained.

I gave the gal in our office one of my Gmail invites and as soon as she signed up, she too then could edit locations. Not sure if Google Earth works same so try my way and see if prompted for login. :)

Yeah, it doesn't look like Google Earth allows you to edit like Google Maps does. And actually, the mystery IS solved, but you mentioned it several posts back. This option is NOT available in Canada. When I punch in a US address, there is an EDIT option in the information bubble for the marker. On Canadian addresses, this does not appear - and that is what confused the bloody hell out of me.
I was able to move the marker in Google Earth, but there was no ability to move the marker in Google Maps (for me). But the marker in Google Earth is not a permenant move - when you search again later, it is back to it's original position.
So I guess the Canucks get shafted again. :evil:

Ask a Question