Is the update server down????

I just tried updating my Tomtom but Home says I am not connected to the Internet, even though I am. I can add new voices, maps etc (at least it brings up the page) and I can easily surf the net. I tried rebooting the computer and even reinstalled Home, but still have the same effect.

Anyone having the same trouble??

Only... just about every time I update using Home. If you're using Windows, start the update, then right after the progress bar appears, press the Windows key to bring up the start menu, and leave the start menu open until the list of available updates appears. Mine works much better that way.

Only... just about every time I update using Home. If you're using Windows, start the update, then right after the progress bar appears, press the Windows key to bring up the start menu, and leave the start menu open until the list of available updates appears. Mine works much better that way.

Well I tried this a few times and still get the same error. Saying I am not connected to the internet. I click OK 3 times and it asks if I want to send an error report to Tomtom which it appears to sucessfully do. Very weird.....

Any other suggestions I can try??

Well I tried this a few times and still get the same error. Saying I am not connected to the internet. I click OK 3 times and it asks if I want to send an error report to Tomtom which it appears to sucessfully do. Very weird.....

Any other suggestions I can try??

Sometimes, when you see the error, if you see a 'back' button, click it and the update proceeds.

Sometimes, when you see the error, if you see a 'back' button, click it and the update proceeds.

Hmmmm. I seem to be unable to click the back button. My cursor keeps spinning and doesnt allow me to click anything.

This seems very odd as it has been working perfectly since I bought the GPS 4 days ago. What would make it do this all of a sudden???

Hmmmm. I seem to be unable to click the back button. My cursor keeps spinning and doesnt allow me to click anything.

This seems very odd as it has been working perfectly since I bought the GPS 4 days ago. What would make it do this all of a sudden???

When you suddenly see strange behaviour when running Home, chances are 99.999999999999999999999% the problem is with TT's servers ... maybe, more :D :D

Try again tomorrow.

Ask a Question