Is semi-permanent mounting possible?

Hi,
Using a TT Rider v2 and the on-bike mounting kit. When am I away for a short time from the bike (e.g. when at a filling station, at a stop-over) I always take the Rider with me. It would be nice if I could leave the Rider on the bike. However, with the standing mounting kit anyone can steal the Rider in seconds. It would be nice if there was a more permanent mounting option, so that I would feel confident leaving the Rider on the bike for a short while. E.g. with a simple padlock or similar. Most laptops have this hole for a Kensington lock; the Rider doesn't.

Is there a way to do this somewhat securely, and non-permanent?

Hi Porcupine. I know that Wunderlich make an "extreme mount" for the Rider 2 and it is lockable. I believe it is intended to be used along with their mounting system, but it may be able to be adapted to enable you to use your RAM mount. In the details about this mount, it states that it is not intened to replace the Tomtom dock, but rather to hold them both securely ..... check out
Extreme Bracket TomTom Rider II BMW Wunderlich America
You would be advised to use the RAM locking knob as well to stop the theif running off with your mount as well!!
Part Details

PC

Ask a Question