Is it possible to create a single custom POI category?

Right now, I know how to create individual POIs on the ONE and then how to make them show on the driving screen. However, there are too many individual POIs that I like, that I'm afraid it'll be too disorganized.

For example, I like fast food. It would be nice to have McDonald's, Burger King, Carl's Junior, etc. show up on my screen, and right now, the only way to do that is to create a POI for each one. That's too many so that when I'm searching through POIs, I'll have to sort through about 100 before I can find what I want. Is there any way to create a custom "fast food" category or folder, and then show everything within that folder on the map? I don't need to see all restaurants such as Ruth's Chris and other expensive establishments, but I'd like to know where the next Taco Bell is.

Edit: I know how to use POIedit so I could cram all the local fast food addresses into a single "fast food" POI, but I was hoping that I could preserve the individual *.bmp icons for each restaurant (ie, golden arches, etc.)

Thanks

Last edited:

Ask a Question