Invisible Itineraries

TomTom Model(s)
350XL TM
Folks,
Yesterday I created a .itn file for our next trip using Tyre & uploaded it to my 350XL.
That all went fine.
The file exists on my unit. However, try as I might I can't find a way to load it.
I've read all the manual entries I can find and they all refer to an Itineraries option on the Main screen.
But, I do not have that option.
I can load the .ov2 file with all the POI's along the route, but not the itinerary/route itself.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Do you have a preference option to show more menu options? If so, tap on it to see all the appropriate icons.

On your TomTom.

Preferences.......Keep clicking on the right arrow till you come across an icon that should say either Show fewer menu options' or (hopefully) 'Show ALL menu options'.

If it says 'Show ALL....', then tap that one.

On your TomTom.

Preferences.......Keep clicking on the right arrow till you come across an icon that should say either Show fewer menu options' or (hopefully) 'Show ALL menu options'.

If it says 'Show ALL....', then tap that one.

My device has no such choices on the screen. The main screen says "Plan Route" & Browse Map".
At the bottom of the same screen it says, Sound, Night, Help, Options & Done.

If I open TOMTOM Home I see Add Maps, Add Voices, Update my device, Use Route Planner, Use my Activation Code, More.
If I hit More I get Read manuals, Manage my device, Find accessories, Operate my device & Back up & Restore.

What am I missing??

Ugh! It's not you, it's me..........:mad:

Appears your model is one with the 'EasyMenu' which means many fewer options than the full menu models.

BUT.............

I'm providing a link to how to add a custom menu to models such as yours........included in the new menu choices (if you follow the sample in the link) will be an Itinerary option.

Look here:
GpsPasSion Forums - [TIP] Enabling POI Alerts on TomTom Start/Ease

Ugh! It's not you, it's me..........:mad:

Appears your model is one with the 'EasyMenu' which means many fewer options than the full menu models.

BUT.............

I'm providing a link to how to add a custom menu to models such as yours........included in the new menu choices (if you follow the sample in the link) will be an Itinerary option.

Look here:
GpsPasSion Forums - [TIP] Enabling POI Alerts on TomTom Start/Ease

Whew! I was worried.

I'll try this after work tonight. I'm on my Mac partition, but I'll boot into XP later.
I'll let you know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
C64

Whew! I was worried.

I'll try this after work tonight. I'm on my Mac partition, but I'll boot into XP later.
I'll let you know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
C64

OK, I couldn't wait. I chose the second entry that the poster suggested was better for the 350XL.
All done except pasting the SdkRegistry folder to the TomTom root.
Where is that located? Is this a Registry software entry?

C64

No, the root of the unit itself. The same level where you see other folders such as voices, art, stuff like that.

For example, see below:
mp3.jpg

Ask a Question