Invisible POI's

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
I have been working on putting together POI's in New Orleans as friends are coming down for a convention. As a local I want to direct them to the places we go rather than the tourist stops. Trouble is, When I bring up the POI category, I cannot see some of the additions. I can "find" them and they come up but I cannot scroll down the available POI's to simply click on them:(

What am I doing wrong?

RedStick

When you look at your map in 'Browse map', are they displayed?

You might also want to download 'PoiEdit' from here:

http://www.poiedit.com/downloads.htm

Then, when you click on the ov2 file, PoiEdit will bring up the list and you can check to see which ones are in the ov2 file. (Ignore the map - it's Belgium and Holland).

Last edited:
I can see the POI's in the Browse Map feature but nor when I do a Navigate to: POI. I can chose the "find" and then type in the name of the POI and see it (them). As for the POIedit, I use a Macintosh and cannot make use of it:(

Very perplexing.

RedStick

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9m; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

To reduce search time, the TomTom software limits the scope of your search. Searching for something "near me" or "near destination" is about a 5 mile radius. Searching "along route is within about 2 miles of the route. Try running the poi search other ways.

When you get this sorted out, maybe you'd like to share these New Orleans insider POIs with the rest of us.:)

Invisible curiosity POI's

Indeed, I have worked it out but it is curiouser and curiouser. When I ask to be navigated to a POI and touch the "POI near you" screen, I cannot see the POI's. However, if I choose the "POI in City" and choose New Orleans, Talley (or maybe POI) ho! I do not understand the logic or quirk that does this:confused:

I would love to share the POI's and may try but when I attempt to share them via TomTom Home, I get an error message and then of all surprises, they are tossed into my trash:confused: That may have to do with the fact that I use an Apple.

The POI's are great as The Big Easy is a place that I have adventured through since I was eight (grew up in Biloxi, MS, did much if not most of my graduate work there and now live in Baton Rouge, LA - hence Red Stick as my moniker). There are places off the beaten path, tucked here and there that serve better food than most tourists will ever eat,:) have a better music scene than one can imagine:cool: and shopping (the good old walking up and down a street from store to store) that allows for a relaxing time spent among small stores and in various coffee houses or sipping good wine:rolleyes:

Tell me how I can share them with you and I would be more than happy.

Be well,
Red Stick

Tell me how I can share them with you and I would be more than happy.

Just zip the 2 files together and upload to the POI section of this forum. Perhaps with an accompanying txt file explaining what the POIs are about.

Ask a Question