Invisible map

Hi guys,

hope someone can help. Purchased XL IQ routes in USA 3 weeks ago and also purchased UK & ROI Map for use back home in UK. Now I am home the UK & ROI map is not an option to select when unit is switched on, however< when connected to my laptop and TT home it says I am off the cuurent map and would I like to select UK & ROI. Answer yes and everythong is there, even set new "Home" location. When I explore contents of unit UK map is there but big problem is it is not there or selectable when not connected to computer. Any Ideas????

Maps working again

Sorry to be slow in getting back but you know how busy life can get!! Thank you for the pointers but I had already tried those. Thought I knew the answer but wanted TT tech staff to direct me. They thought I didn't have enough space on device and thought that was the problem but USA Map (1.4GB) and UK Map (187MB) plus Speed cameras plus operating system and a couple of additional voices and I still have 318MB free out of the 2GB hard drive. I was told to delete the application files but could not delete 6 of them which were rather large and had weird file names which were just wingding type characters and I couldnt load both maps with the extra space they took up. Decided to copy everything to computer and reformat device, load the folders back onto device and then connect through HOME for updates. Once completed I checked UK Map worked OK and then used Explorer to copy and paste USA Map. Both are now selectable through Manage Maps. Everything is fine now, thanks for your time and suggestions.

Corrupted files (which is what you experienced) is most often caused by incorrectly disconnecting the unit from the computer before all data had been written to the internal flash drive of the unit.

Use Home's Device Disconnect or the Safely Remove Hardware icon in your notification area.

Now that things are ok, make an Explorer backup of your unit's contents. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

disconnecting unit

Thanks for the reply. I work a lot with IT and I'm very careful to always use the software disconnect before removing any external memory device. I may have made a mistake on this occasion but not likely. I did do a chk disc as prompted by windows and cancelled that operation after it appeared to be complete (status bar 100%) but it still showed as in progress after 3 hours!! Thats when the problems started and possible corruption happened.

TT logo missing

The only niggle I have now after all of that is when I plug TT into USB the drive is shown as a standard memory device rather than the TT Logo. Minor stuff and I'm sure its easy to fix, probably in an .ini file or something needs to be refreshed.

icon fixed

Worked a treat, thanks. Even renamed and personalized it. Will be following a lot more of the personilazation tips too:)

Ask a Question