installing new day & night map colors

Discussion in 'Maps and Routing' started by 1966390GT, Dec 29, 2007.

1. 1966390GT

1966390GT

Just downloaded two new map colors for day & night operation. How do i locate them and install on TomTom 720. They where downloaded from TomTom.com.:confused:

1966390GT, Dec 29, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. 1966390GT

Boyd

TomTom Model(s):
    920T
    Just browse the root directory of your GPS while it's connected to your computer and locate the folder named "schemes". Drop the files in there. If you don't have a schemes folder (can't remember if it's there right out of the box) you ca create it.

Now on your GPS when you go to select a color scheme, choose the Advanced option. One of the choices there will be Color Schemes and it will have a generic icon with rainbow colors. The schemes you installed will be listed there, but unfortunately there aren't any previews.

Boyd, Dec 29, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. 1966390GT

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    I'm confused, Boyd. On screen 3 of 8 of preferences on my TT720 is an icon for 'Change map colors'. Selecting it yields a new screen for me to select a day colour scheme. I see a thumbnail of each to choose from. If I select 'advanced' on this screen, I see a bigger thumbnail of 1 of the schemes with a label. After I scroll through the day choices, I then can select a night colour scheme using the same process.

The point is that I DO see a sample of each choice to pick from, not just the name of a choice and a generic picture.

Isn't that what you're seeing?

dhn, Dec 29, 2007
  4. 1966390GT

Boyd

TomTom Model(s):
    920T
    No that's not what I see (unless we aren't understanding each other :) ). I go to Change Preferences > Change Map Colors and it says "select a day color scheme". If I am already using a custom scheme then one of the 4 buttons displayed looks sort of like a rainbow. If I was previously using a built-in color scheme then I have to choose Advanced. Then I scroll through the options and get one called "Plug-in scheme" with the same generic rainbow preview.

When I select it, then I see a list of all the custom schemes I've installed with a little icon that looks like a floppy disk to the left of each one. This has been discussed elsewhere on the forum but I can't find the thread. I'm using a 920T but also had a 720 for awhile and it was the same. Or maybe I am doing something wrong when installing the schemes?

Boyd, Dec 29, 2007
  5. 1966390GT

newby

TomTom Model(s):
    TomTom GO720
    Where did you find the new map colors to download???

newby, Dec 30, 2007
  6. 1966390GT

Boyd

TomTom Model(s):
    920T
    There are some which can be installed from the HOME program if you visit the store section (they're free) and the software will install them for you. Also see the separate forum right here on this site: https://www.tomtomforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Boyd, Dec 30, 2007
  7. 1966390GT

newby

TomTom Model(s):
    TomTom GO720
    Thanks! I will check that out.

newby, Dec 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question