installing new day & night map colors

Just downloaded two new map colors for day & night operation. How do i locate them and install on TomTom 720. They where downloaded from TomTom.com.:confused:

Just browse the root directory of your GPS while it's connected to your computer and locate the folder named "schemes". Drop the files in there. If you don't have a schemes folder (can't remember if it's there right out of the box) you ca create it.

Now on your GPS when you go to select a color scheme, choose the Advanced option. One of the choices there will be Color Schemes and it will have a generic icon with rainbow colors. The schemes you installed will be listed there, but unfortunately there aren't any previews.

Now on your GPS when you go to select a color scheme, choose the Advanced option. One of the choices there will be Color Schemes and it will have a generic icon with rainbow colors. The schemes you installed will be listed there, but unfortunately there aren't any previews.

I'm confused, Boyd. On screen 3 of 8 of preferences on my TT720 is an icon for 'Change map colors'. Selecting it yields a new screen for me to select a day colour scheme. I see a thumbnail of each to choose from. If I select 'advanced' on this screen, I see a bigger thumbnail of 1 of the schemes with a label. After I scroll through the day choices, I then can select a night colour scheme using the same process.

The point is that I DO see a sample of each choice to pick from, not just the name of a choice and a generic picture.

Isn't that what you're seeing?

No that's not what I see (unless we aren't understanding each other :) ). I go to Change Preferences > Change Map Colors and it says "select a day color scheme". If I am already using a custom scheme then one of the 4 buttons displayed looks sort of like a rainbow. If I was previously using a built-in color scheme then I have to choose Advanced. Then I scroll through the options and get one called "Plug-in scheme" with the same generic rainbow preview.

When I select it, then I see a list of all the custom schemes I've installed with a little icon that looks like a floppy disk to the left of each one. This has been discussed elsewhere on the forum but I can't find the thread. I'm using a 920T but also had a 720 for awhile and it was the same. Or maybe I am doing something wrong when installing the schemes?

Ask a Question