installing first aid + other guides?

just bought a tt1 new edition from target (clearance, $174!) and love it! upgraded the firmware and everything. noticed there's a button for 'first aid' and 'other guides' and when I click on either it says 'no information available.' how do i update these or install them myself? I can't seem to find anything in Home or on the web. thanks!

I believe they're for GO versions only. ONE models get a "Lite" edition of the Navcore 7 application.

My ONE doesn't even have the First Aid bit (or maybe that's because I'm running 3rd party apps)

the icons are there, I can't imagine it being much more than dragging whatever type of a file the guides are into their respective folders? anyone know? or have the files for that matter? thanks a lot.

Maybe they're just text or more likely, html files? I bet Tomtom won't provide anything officially since there may be liability issues if someone follows the first aid instructions and doesn't do it right.......

THAT being said, I too want this info. Will try and install some kind of txt or web to the location and see what happens!

I looked within the Tomtom folders in 'My Documents' and didn't find any relating to first aid. I don't have my One here at work, but will try and dump a file into the folder directly on the unit this evening and see what happens.

Last edited:
ahhh nuts! It doesn't look good. I've tried dropping .txt files into the text folder, but nothing works. I wonder if Other Tomtom devices have this feature, and more importantly, where are they in the memory / hard drive / sd card's folder system and What is their name?

The buttons are only supported in Europe.

just bought a tt1 new edition from target (clearance, $174!) and love it! upgraded the firmware and everything. noticed there's a button for 'first aid' and 'other guides' and when I click on either it says 'no information available.' how do i update these or install them myself? I can't seem to find anything in Home or on the web. thanks!

TomTom characterized the buttons by saying that they would eventually be activated/populated by "automobile clubs" and "medical societies." No mention has been made of any functionality being attached to the buttons for North America. Yes, the buttons are there, but they are useless anywhere but in Europe. Go figure.:confused:

i thought i read somewhere on tomtom.com that we can now store a html page and look at it later. maybe this is something we need to do? find a webpage with first aid steps and download it to our units?

Hello All,
I'm new to this site.
I just received my TomTom one (3rd edition)
It has the first aid feature you mention.

From main menu>help me!>First Aid Guide>
opens up what is called British Red Cross.
It's a first aid lookup.

It also has other guides: Car and travel Information

Nice features to have.

Jes

Last edited:

Ask a Question