How to upgrade your SD card to a 2gb card for North America maps

Re: Did u purchase a new map through HOME?

Did u purchase a new map through HOME?

Not yet. It worries me to spend $100 on a new map but then be unable to use it. I can't afford to throw away that much cash.

I would if I knew what to do with it once I bought and downloaded it to my desktop or to a folder somewhere on my hard drive.

Waiting for some definitive instructions before proceeding further.

Not yet. It worries me to spend $100 on a new map but then be unable to use it. I can't afford to throw away that much cash.

I would if I knew what to do with it once I bought and downloaded it to my desktop or to a folder somewhere on my hard drive.

Waiting for some definitive instructions before proceeding further.

I have a TT 510 with Europe map which I purchased in London. I had gone out to buy a 2GB card and purchased the NA map from TT online pay my $100 but... I have misplaced my docking station!!! I can't do nothing and I needed the software badly. =( I had emailed TT to see if they can refund me and I just go out and buy a TT ONE as a quick solution. It took them 3 days to respond to the request and I will need to wait another two weeks for the esculation of a refund request. Does anyone has any better suggestions?

I never did get any help here after asking for it....

.....so don't hold your breath waiting around for an answer.

I did buy the new map (North America) but have yet to get it into my GO510. Not sure how to do it. If I have the time I'll try this weekend. I have 2 brand new blank 2GB cards so that is not an issue. It's getting the new map onto the blank 2GB card for use in the 510 that is the problem.

I'd like to know if anyone has done this on the One V3? There is no SD slot on the outside, and I have not yet opened it to see what's on the inside. Maybe I'll be the guinny pig.

.....so don't hold your breath waiting around for an answer.

I did buy the new map (North America) but have yet to get it into my GO510. Not sure how to do it. If I have the time I'll try this weekend. I have 2 brand new blank 2GB cards so that is not an issue. It's getting the new map onto the blank 2GB card for use in the 510 that is the problem.

I suspect you're going to run into a problem, not with the size of the map, but rather with what map it is. You see, since TT made it such that maps were model specific, I think you won't be allowed to install (even on a sd card) the North America map. It was meant for x20 (and higher now) models. You would need the USA & Canada map for a 510, I think.

Hope I'm wrong and others will correct me if I am.

I suspect you're going to run into a problem, not with the size of the map, but rather with what map it is. You see, since TT made it such that maps were model specific, I think you won't be allowed to install (even on a sd card) the North America map. It was meant for x20 (and higher now) models. You would need the USA & Canada map for a 510, I think.

Hope I'm wrong and others will correct me if I am.

I got the North American map onto the card and it is now working in my 510.

312293404.jpg

312293403.jpg

Hello all I need help. I have a Go 510. Ipurchased a new 2gb sd card and the North America map. I was able to download and install the app and Quick Fix for my TT. When I download the map it downloads then starts installation. Install runs for about a minute or so then an error comes up disk full: C:\

I am looking for help since TT home is installed on Drive F: and all downloads and others are also put on this drive. And my TT is Drive H:

Please help if you can.

You can remove the existing tomtom memory card in your 510, and copy everything on it to the new 2gb SD card via a memory card reader and Windows Explorer (show hidden/system files).

Then stick the 2GB in the tomtom and it should work fine. Then you'll have the space to download the new North America map.

You can remove the existing tomtom memory card in your 510, and copy everything on it to the new 2gb SD card via a memory card reader and Windows Explorer (show hidden/system files).

Then stick the 2GB in the tomtom and it should work fine. Then you'll have the space to download the new North America map.

That is the way to do it; forget the back-ups from TThome, make your own by copy/paste (dont forget the hidden files).
After copying everything back to the 2 or 4 Gb card; connect to Home to purchase the new map, if neccesary first delete the old map from your card (but dont forget to Back-up).

Apologies if this has been asked already as this is my first post, but I did a search and couldn't see a reply.
Can any 2Gb SD card be used in my old Tomtom GO 510? Or do I have to buy the Tomtom card?

Thanks dhn. Tomtom sell them here in the UK with their own label and as I have two of my own SD cards, I didn't want to have to spend money on an overpriced card.

Ask a Question