Tomtom One Maps upgrade & SD card change

ppm

hi,
I recently bought a Tomtom One (US & Canada edition) and was disappointed to see how outdated the maps were.

For example, the following address couldn't be located
3333 Cabrillo Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95051

My maps version is 6.65, can you guys check in your device for this address and if found let me know the corresponding maps version. One of my friends has maps version 6.75, and this address is located in that version.

I came to know that the latest maps version is 6.789, does Tomtom provide free upgrades to this version or is there a place to download it, as when i do 'get updates' from Tomtom Home software, it just returns back with 'no updates' message.

Also, i tried copying the contents from my original TT1 SD card (1 GB) via Windows file copy (i.e. open the SD card in explorer and Select All) to another 2 GB SD card, when pop in this 2 GB SD card into my GPS, it asks for re-activation of the maps. Since my device is already registered, i went to the ttcodes.com website to get the Activation code, and when I enter this code, it says that the Activation code is invalid.

Has anybody faced such problems before, any solutions will be welcome.

cheer

The mods can probably give you better answers, but I believe the tomtom ones come with a a guarantee that if there are newer maps out a certain time after you purchase your one, you can upgrade for free. You download the maps from the same tomtom home program, its just a different tab.

Version 6.75 has that address

Cabrillo.jpg

But, I guess you already knew that.

TomTom still insists that 6.65 is the current map set for TT1 in the U.S.

Last edited:
So is it possible to get the version 6.75 maps on a TomTom ONE right now that has 6.65? Or will this all be moot when the upcoming release of Navcore 7 comes out for all existing TT owners? I'd love to have the most current maps that are available at this point in time!

I came to know that the latest maps version is 6.789, does Tomtom provide free upgrades to this version or is there a place to download it, as when i do 'get updates' from Tomtom Home software, it just returns back with 'no updates' message.

Actually the latest map version is NA v7.04 but of course that won't work with firmware version 6.

I am not aware of map version 6.789 but only of 6.75. If you do a search, I remember some one mentioning buying the 6.75 by going to the TomTom UK site by purchasing online. However, the PLUS services is still down so I can't check if that's true.

Also, i tried copying the contents from my original TT1 SD card (1 GB) via Windows file copy (i.e. open the SD card in explorer and Select All) to another 2 GB SD card, when pop in this 2 GB SD card into my GPS, it asks for re-activation of the maps. Since my device is already registered, i went to the ttcodes.com website to get the Activation code, and when I enter this code, it says that the Activation code is invalid.

It doesn't work that way. In short, its probably best to contact TT suport and let them know that you already own the map and want to transfer the map to your other device. They might generate an activation code for you.

So is it possible to get the version 6.75 maps on a TomTom ONE right now that has 6.65? Or will this all be moot when the upcoming release of Navcore 7 comes out for all existing TT owners? I'd love to have the most current maps that are available at this point in time!

All maps should work on all TT devices with the exception of v7.04 maps, however that will change when NavCore 7 rolls out. Like I mentioned in the previous post you should be able to buy it if you were to choose a European site like UK and should be able to purchase it that way.

I would probably wait till the version 7 maps because technically, it would be the most up to date.

Actually the latest map version is NA v7.04 but of course that won't work with firmware version 6.

I am not aware of map version 6.789 but only of 6.75. If you do a search, I remember some one mentioning buying the 6.75 by going to the TomTom UK site by purchasing online. However, the PLUS services is still down so I can't check if that's true.

It doesn't work that way. In short, its probably best to contact TT suport and let them know that you already own the map and want to transfer the map to your other device. They might generate an activation code for you.

Thanks for your response digital-flex. I called up the US support number and they have an automated voice recording which says that version 6.789 is the latest maps and to visit www.tomtom.com/6789

I need to figure out a way to switch the SD cards, since the 6.75 maps are 1.4 GB in size and won't fit my original 1 GB card. Will keep posting about my interactions with Tomtom support, from what i've read around in the forums/web it seems they're not too helpful. The tomtom plus website is down from Friday (the day i got my GPS unit) and this speaks a lot about how serious they're in doin business and keeping systems up n' running.

cheers

My One NE was able to plot a route from NYC to 3333 Cabrillo with NO PROBLEM WHAT SO EVER! I am using the North America map V.665 which I got earlier this year as an update from TomTom; I have it loaded on a 2 gig card.

ML

My One NE was able to plot a route from NYC to 3333 Cabrillo with NO PROBLEM WHAT SO EVER! I am using the North America map V.665 which I got earlier this year as an update from TomTom; I have it loaded on a 2 gig card.

ML

How did u make the address input ? was it using the 'Street Name & House Number' option ? I have 'USA_and_Canada' map version 665.1293, and the map size is about 850kb.

chat with tomtom support

I spoke to the Tomtom support today morning and they told me that v.665 is the latest maps out in the market, and that v675 has minor differences only and is a purchasable option (for $139), i.e. I can't get a free upgrade to it :mad:

I'm not too happy with this response, when for the same device some maps are newer than the others, and I need to pay such a hefty amount just to get the maps :mad:

How did u make the address input ? was it using the 'Street Name & House Number' option ? I have 'USA_and_Canada' map version 665.1293, and the map size is about 850kb.

In answer to your question: yes, that's all I inputted and I got a direct route!

I'll load the original TTOne 1 gig card with the USA/Canada map and see what happens.

ML

OK, I just loaded the ORIGINAL 1 gig card with the USA/CANADA map V6.560 into my One and got the exact same results as before, 3333 Cabrillo Ave. spot on! The route is exactly the same as well!

I just verified the North America and USA/Canada map versions that I have, and they both are V665.1293. The NA map is from the latest TomTom update CD that I got earlier this year.

Hope this clears up any confusion on my part!

ML

Last edited:

Ask a Question