How do I Transfer maps from SD card to internal memory.

Does the OZ map on SD say "Tomtom" on the sticker? Maps on SD are locked to the specific serial number of the SD, not the device, so you need the SD in the device to let it work.

Second, your bootloader and serial numbers files on the SD do not match, and probably means the card contains hacked/pirated maps. That is happening quite frequently in OZ, and may be the reason you are having problems. The hacked software attempts to prevent the "locked to SD card" restriction above, but your device is probably too old for the hacked software to work. Unfortunately, with the files you listed on the SD, they will partially and irremovably install onto the device and it may have bricked the device too.

Assuming you have a legitimate card, the process for maps-on-sd is as follows:
- Plug the SD into the ONE XL (from this point onward the internal memory of the device is hidden)
- Connect the ONE XL to your computer, and run Tomtom HOME
- Go to "Manage my XL" and remove any "application" on the XL
- Go to "Update my XL" and repeatedly install "application" alone until it doesn't offer a new application version
- Disconnect from the computer, and the Tomtom should start up

Yes, the sd card has TOMTOM on it, looks like my original UK card, but says Australia on it. The card it blue too.

I guess the easiest way round this is to put the device back to default with the UK maps, sell it and get a unit with the Australia maps already on it, can't go wrong then.

Trying to get the wrong serial id card to work on a non matching device is a no go it looks like.

Where can I find TTGO.BIF and TTnavigator.bif or can I use it from another TomTom Rider ?

The *.bif file is created by the device itself as a record of the device's contents/inventory that it finds during boot.
If you can't find a *.bif file anywhere on your device, one must wonder whether it is presently bootable or not.
Grabbing one from another device doesn't make much sense. Each is created uniquely to the contents and features of each device (including serial, firmware version, etc.)

Ask a Question