transferring maps to new device

TomTom Model(s)
tomtom1xl
My old TT has decided to not switch on. Have reset following instructions several times but so far no joy.
I think I may need to buy a new TT - question is will I be able to use the NZ map I bought on any new TT that I buy ? Or am I limited to a particular TT ?
At present I have a TomTom 1 XL and i live in the UK

No promises, but you can SOMETIMES get a sympathetic person at TT customer services who agrees to transfer the map if you explain that it is down to a broken machine.

Try ringing TT on 0845 161 0009 and asking. Worth it for the price of a phone call!

But don't give up on it before we've had a detailed go at getting you going again.
Post back with some more details, of what you've tried so far.

Thanks for the reply.
I gave up on the old one and bought a new one - the map i want to transfer is one I have bought for a trip to NZ. It is on my computer and I think I should be able to download to new satnav.
Old one seems to have a dead battery - won't switch on and I have re set several times.
Off to NZ in 1 week so I was pushed for time to sort out.
Hopefully will try tp load map later today.

...the map i want to transfer is one I have bought for a trip to NZ. It is on my computer and I think I should be able to download to new satnav.
Maps are keyed to the serial number of the device, so no, that isn't going to happen.

I called them this morning and a very nice man called Steven sorted it all for me.
Well done TT customer services.

Ask a Question