Transferring Maps From PC to TomTom

I have a TomTom XL and I have recently upgraded my UK maps but to do that I had to copy my European maps to my PC and delete them off the TomTom to make more room. Fine so far. Now I want to reinstall my European maps because we are going to France but no way can I see how to do it using TomTom Home. It tells you how to copy them to the PC, how to delete them from both the PC and the device, but it doesn't tell you how to put them back.

I have gone to "Add Maps" which just comes up with a list of maps to buy. When I type my maps directory into the search field it just comes up with the message "no items available".

Any ideas?

Many thanks

ward1941uk

Solution Found

I Have solved my own problem. I was trying to re-install my maps by going to add maps as per Help instructions. Well that's wrong, you go to Add Extras, which includes POIs etc., plus your own documents, photos, and at the end of the list, maps which you have stored on your PC.

Hope this is a help to anyone else experiencing the same problem.

ward1941uk:)

I Have solved my own problem. I was trying to re-install my maps by going to add maps as per Help instructions. Well that's wrong, you go to Add Extras, which includes POIs etc., plus your own documents, photos, and at the end of the list, maps which you have stored on your PC.

Hope this is a help to anyone else experiencing the same problem.

ward1941uk:)

Worked a treat thanks.

Ask a Question