Question - Transferring Maps when upgrading

Newbie here but I did try a few searches on this before posting but now I am running out of time.

Question - I have a Go 720 that is now a paperweight and I have a deal on a Go 730. I am American but I am an expat in Spain so I have a Western Europe map on my SD card I purchased from Tom Tom last summer. I need to know if I can use that map on my new 730 or if I will be forced to buy the map again? I am buying the US version due to price and the need for the US maps when traveling back and forth.

If I have to buy the map again I will probably be considering another brand for a replacement of the dead 720.

Thanks and apologies if this has been posted a hundred times but I just could not find it.....

Dave in Spain

Newbie here but I did try a few searches on this before posting but now I am running out of time.

Question - I have a Go 720 that is now a paperweight and I have a deal on a Go 730. I am American but I am an expat in Spain so I have a Western Europe map on my SD card I purchased from Tom Tom last summer. I need to know if I can use that map on my new 730 or if I will be forced to buy the map again? I am buying the US version due to price and the need for the US maps when traveling back and forth.

If I have to buy the map again I will probably be considering another brand for a replacement of the dead 720.

Thanks and apologies if this has been posted a hundred times but I just could not find it.....

Dave in Spain

Usually the maps purchased for one unit cannot be used with another unit. YOu should however call and see if support would do this for you. good luck

Dave in Spain

If the map was purchased on an SD card, it will be locked to the card, and can be used in any Tomtom. If it was downloaded via HOME, it will only work on your 720.

Ask a Question