Home 2.7 Available

mam

TomTom Model(s)
2505, 1535, 920, 140S, Sold 720, 130
Just found the update and downloaded it. Not sure what the changes are but will check it out later tonight.

I've also been offerred 2.7.0.1785. I have betas disabled, so I assume it is the production version of the beta release discussed here.

Anybody have any issues with the new app that I should be concerned about before an upgrade?

There are a few reporting elsewhere that, with the new version, doing an update brings the progress bar but no 'progress' for 10 minutes. It's as if the application has frozen.

Well, I updated and, indeed, initially was experiencing the exact same thing. I let the screen just sit there for about 2 minutes. I then 'x' the Home application completely, restarted, and the update bar worked as normal with a mapshare file found within a few seconds.

I also am experiencing the NON offering of a gps file today.

There are a few reporting elsewhere that, with the new version, doing an update brings the progress bar but no 'progress' for 10 minutes. It's as if the application has frozen.

Well, I updated and, indeed, initially was experiencing the exact same thing. I let the screen just sit there for about 2 minutes. I then 'x' the Home application completely, restarted, and the update bar worked as normal with a mapshare file found within a few seconds.

I also am experiencing the NON offering of a gps file today.

I set he default settings for tomtom home the other day and today I uploaded the new home. The speed with this new update was MUCH MUCH faster then before.

states added

just wanted to add that the name of the states is again listed with the size of the POIs. This was stopped for a long period of time and is now again seen.

2.7 Locks Computer

Just installed Home 2.7. It locks up the computer when I run it. Reinstalled it with the same results. Any ideas?

Try renaming mydocuments\tomtom to mydocuments\tomtombackup, and programfiles\tomtomhome2 to programfiles\tomtomhome2backup.

Then try downloading and installing again.

I too had computer lock-up issues with 2.7. I installed, uninstalled, renamed folders, and still had no luck. Then I couldn't find a copy of 2.6 (BTW the previously posted link takes you to 2.7). Finally after five hours of this nonsense, I ran across another bulletin board that contained a link to 2.6. Now I'm back to normal and can go to bed. Thanks TomTom for yet another winner.!

Sometimes, it takes a day or two for the proper .dll file to find its way to TT's distribution server when a new Home application is made available. Try runniing the emulator in a couple of days and it may suddenly work, or at least you may see that the required file needs downloading.

Problems with TT Home Software v. 2.7.0.1785

It is always nice to share misery. Over this past weekend, I installed this latest Home version. I immediately had problems.

I have a TT GO 940 LIVE and with the previous version, I was able to operate my unit via my computer. However, in the new 2.7 I can't. Instead, I get an error message that says, "This functionality is not yet supported for your combination of navigation device, your device's application version and your computer's operating system."

It also locks up regularly, even though I uninstalled it and then reinstalled the software.

As far as I am concerned, it doesn't work and I will go back to the old 2.6 software which happily sits on a CD. :D

However, I am happy to hear of solutions if anyone has one. Maybe Tom Tom is monitoring these forums and can offer a solution or a new update???

A problem discovered with Home 2.7 is that the application, for whatever reason, 'reads' all the previously downloaded files done by Home....thereby often causing delays, freezing and other problems.

You can try to delete all sub folders in your C:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\Home\download\complete\ephemeris folder and see if that helps a bit.

Another way to speed up 2.7 instead of deleting a folder is to go to HOME, then go to "Manage my device", then items on computer. Then click quickgpsfixdata and click fuel prices (if present), and then click remove items. This should remove the huge archive of unnecessary files and speed up HOME.

Regarding "Operate my GO" with a 540/740/940, it does not work on app 8.370. You have to either downgrade your app, downgrading HOME won't help.

Downgrading my app?

Another way to speed up 2.7 instead of deleting a folder is to go to HOME, then go to "Manage my device", then items on computer. Then click quickgpsfixdata and click fuel prices (if present), and then click remove items. This should remove the huge archive of unnecessary files and speed up HOME.

Regarding "Operate my GO" with a 540/740/940, it does not work on app 8.370. You have to either downgrade your app, downgrading HOME won't help.

Thanks DHN and MVL for the info. Yes, I have app 8.370. How do I "downgrade my app"?

I don't know what the lower version of application is for your model. When mvl is around, he should see this thread and provide a link.

But, the way to remove the current application is by using Home to remove items from my unit and select application and ignore the warning.

Another way is to use Explorer to remove the loose files in the root of the unit but NO folders or their contents.........

BUT................

Don't do either method until you get the link to a lower version of the application for your model.

To downgrade, remove the application in HOME, under "Manage my GO".

Then close HOME, and use winrar to extract the contents of this file onto your tomtom, overwriting files as prompted.

Afterwards, if you have issues turning the Tomtom on, go back into "Operate my GO" and rename a favorite.

The one thing that I found with this home app is that it finaly seems to be working correctly.

I D/L the beta verson about two weeks ago and have had a lot of erior messages when I would try and log on to home.

If I clicked on report error button it would shut home down completly.

I found a work around this by just drag the error window down to the bottom of my screen and then I was able to D/L any updates. (Map share and GPS fix's etc.)

Home automaticaly down loaded 2-3 updates of the home app and finaly it seems to be working without any error massages when loging on.

Ask a Question