tomtom home downloadable Maps- unavailable

TomTom Model(s)
I have some questions about the tomtom home maps section.

I have been trying for the last 3 days to purchase a map- UK and the Republic Of Ireland and get to the payment page and it continually said try later. I had no problem downloading the POI File for dunkin' donuts so I wasn't sure what the problem was.

I finally called into tomtom directly and was told that that part of the site was down for maintenace and would be availble probably on October 1st. I don't understand why this is not noted on the website itself.

I will be traveling in Ireland beginning on 10-12-07 and would like to take my 910 with me.

Has anybody else purchased this particular map? Does it include local roads in it's database? The listing on the website says 99% coverage- but does not break it down individually for each country. I had read elsewhere - while researching the lockup problem with the 910- that the maps available for Ireland were not that useful.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anybody can give me on this.

Dennis

Ask a Question