New TT Home Beta 2.601512 available

TomTom Model(s)
Go-920 App 9.465 Map N A 895.4438 C&W Europe 8.30 Magellan Explorist 710
I just downloaded and installed new Home Bata 2.6.1512. There are some new features and Icons on it but there seems to be a bug in it. When I try and update from internal I receive an error and it shuts down, if I select my SD card it starts up fine.
It could be that I am using 8.032 app???

This new Home may work with other apps I don't know.

Gosh, GarCor...........I'm so glad you are around since you ALWAYS want to be a guinea pig as well as being a glutton for punishment! :):D

Seriously, for the heck of it, can you uninstall and re-install the application to see if it helps?

Also, I know you visit the Brit forum. Are they experiencing the same issue?

So true dhn, I am a glutton for punishment :D:D

I just formatted my internal drive and reinstalled 8.010 backup with explorer. There still seems to be an issue with starting Home from Internal memory but starts fine when selecting SDHC card.

I'm going to take the plunge too... I'll report back on any issues encountered with my One. I was just about to do it, but I'm going to cancel now and do a full manual backup of my unit first. Just in case. :)

Notes:

* New "Eject" button in the bottom corner, in case you couldn't find "Device/Disconnect" :)
* New icons for all (?) functions
* Still unable to upload safety camera reports (there's a whole other thread on this, it's not related to TTH version)
* New "Use TomTom Route Planner", which itself is in beta. I'm sure that's going to get its own thread.

No problems encountered, though I haven't gone into any other functions like view or add/remove. I'm curious about the Route Planner function, so I'll be looking for that thread now.

No operate my go

Hi all,

Also downloaded and tried the beta Home. All work fine except, I can not nor never had the Operate My Go work. Using a Mac. Thanks!

Stating the obvious

This must be a "public beta" to give us all a preview, rather than something they actually want us to test and provide feedback about. ...or has someone found a way to report beta feedback?

I used to love getting into all the newest software.

And still am with "other" companies.

But, I'm not even going to try this TT beta.

The reason, I've about had all the crap out of TT I can stand for a while !

With all there customer's waiting "months" for a fix of the navcore problems mainly the "stuttering" and the "turning itself on" and they offer up some HOME beta !

Listen up TT, were to busy working on "your" navcore beta's to be bothered with this crap HOME beta !

Tom tom beta testers get real

Why in the world would ANYONE download any Beta program. Their has never been any approved download program in the last 4 years which worked properly. Basically tomtom beta program sucks. As a Beta tester for a dental software program we had 500 beta testers testing 6 months for each upgrade before any release. Tom tom seems to have 2 beta tester that test the program for 1 week and Never listen to the testers. Think people, when was the last time you downloaded anything the worked with any problems Don't be a fool in being tomtom guina pig that ruin your tomtom with errors. Basically tom tom has to TOTALLY revamp their beta progam so after the testing their downloads really work. Testers in all age groups are necessary because different groups of people have different needs. TOM TOM GET REAL. Finally when I sent in a timely report as a beta tester they gave a free update. Wouldn't it be nice to receive a free map update for helping tom tom with their beta version. Tom tom is too cheap so don't hold your breath.

Last edited:
You know HOME 2.2 and also 2.4 worked very well !

TT you still have not worked all the bugs out of 2.5 !
( I stiil have to use version 2.4 to reload POI's )

The LAST thing TT needs to be working on is HOME !

TT listen up !....Work on getting the $ 200 - $ 500 devices you sold people working correctly " first ' !

Last edited:
Hi all,

Also downloaded and tried the beta Home. All work fine except, I can not nor never had the Operate My Go work. Using a Mac. Thanks!

It works fine on mine
I am using Window Vista, TT GO 920 with firmware 8.301
I can even use the weather service with "Operate My Go"
(It doesn't work before)

Boy are you right. Tom Tom throws out updates like a fire sale. Fix what you have first given out to end users. Basically I think we should start mail and emails to the corporate headcauters in MA. I think that about 1 million end users sending mail or email at one time would be taken seriously. By the way I asked tom tom to give me the address to the president of USA tom tom and they refused. It seem that they are trying to protect their corporate leaders from the big bad end users.

I suspect that the Home development group and the firmware/software group are two different groups of people. As a result, updates for Home will not have ANY impact on updates for our devices.

When it comes to programming, there are some things that are so badly coded that doing a re-write of the affected problem code is a better option than to try to fix the broken code. The other problem is that Tomtom is in such a rush to release new features for new devices(a focus on the x40 devices without any thought about the x30 or earlier) that they don't even release fixes for our devices that have been fixed for the new devices. I keep wondering if there is a way to hack in the features of the 940 into my 930, because except for the traffic receiver, there probably is very little difference between them.

So, at some point we may see the code get fixed, but I suspect that Tomtom really is just playing with their "Live" services right now instead of trying to fix problems that affect ALL Tomtom devices.

Wow, I can just FEEL the love in this room. :D

I haven't had any problems. Consider this: what if they released this version as a beta, and they DID listen to the complaints before, and now it works? If a programmer fixes a bug in the forest, and nobody runs the code, is it still wrong?

(Of course, I've done my share of complaining about Sales & Marketing... I'm sure they have some choice words for me!)

Back to the actual topic... I don't recall being able to download color schemes for the ONE before. I have the option now, though I don't think I'll use it right away. I need a map, not a rave toy.

Wow, I can just FEEL the love in this room. :D.
It's probably because of how TomTom's latest public release have been.
Not only that but this time they actually used the term beta meaning not yet ready for mainstream public.

I do however have to agree that there is probably two or more development teams working at TomTom.
Consider this: what if they released this version as a beta, and they DID listen to the complaints before, and now it works? If a programmer fixes a bug in the forest, and nobody runs the code, is it still wrong?
It would be nice if TomTom would have a public tracker to show that they are indeed listening to user complaints and have a todo list showing what has been fixed and what is on hold.

Personally I think that home updates are bloated and the whole system could be improved.

Home should read in what device model is connected and offer only things for that device.
Example: correct sized images and set language of voice downloads to that of the GPS

Home should also stop wasting bandwidth.
Example: navcores have redundant data where nothing other than a time stamp has changed like the car icons for example.
Don't they have a diff utility to see with a CRC what has changed and then cab that for the navcore release.

Home should also allow incremental and automatic backups using a diff utility for making backups - why store everything in a backup when only a little has changed.
The automatic backups should occur when installing a new map or navcore and when first connected to Home.

TomTom needs to be improving the baseline functionality of the navcore and home not keep intruding more unneeded junk.

Last edited:
I just finished updating my go, using HOME.

Funny, I was not offered the BETA....( not that I would have installed it ).

I even clicked on the check for HOME update.

PSJ,

To need to opt in to getting offered the BETA

You can enable this by doing the following:
Go to Tools on the menu bar at the top
Select TomTom HOME Preferences
Click the Advanced Tab
Click the check mark "Inform me when beta releases are available for installation"
Click Done

I know you said that you would not install it but I was explaining why you were not offered it.

Found a bug -- every day, my MapShare count drops from 30k to 10k. I have to go to the MapShare prefrences and move the slider down and back up, exit Home and restart, before I get my MapShare data back again. This happened a couple of times with the old version, but every day with the new version. I'll report it through the regular online tech support system, since I wasn't given any "special" beta test error report process.

Something else I'll mention: this statement on the "Contact Us" page is inaccurate:

"After you are logged-in, you will see a question form at the bottom of our support pages which should be filled in as completely as possible. The more detailed information you provide about your problem, the better we can assist you with your question first time around."

There is no way I can find to submit a question without going through the whole process of picking my unit all over again, which is a bit silly.

However, when I did go through the process, one of the categories under "Your question is about:" is "TomTom HOME 2.6 Beta", so they're trying. :)

Ask a Question