Home 2.3.1.92 available

Gave it a go and all is well after downlading it for the 3rd time. Kept getting a parse error that it recorded line 2 as en-US instead of en_US. I guess by the 3rd download it didn't care anymore because I no longerr got the message. I looked at the information page and it showed languaqe as en-US.

Gave it a go and all is well after downlading it for the 3rd time. Kept getting a parse error that it recorded line 2 as en-US instead of en_US. I guess by the 3rd download it didn't care anymore because I no longerr got the message. I looked at the information page and it showed languaqe as en-US.

I wonder whether the sloppy error in coding ('en-US') will have a negative effect in areas where 'en_US' is referenced, like Computer voices.

Last edited:
TomTom Home Update

As part of downloads of new Maps, today I upgraded to the latest version of Home. So far no issues. I will post another threat on my experience on getting the new V.720 maps I was able to get today for North America and Western Europe. Hurrah!

Known bugs:
Well, it's still very slow and operates fastest when minimized, still hangs on the "Share this" update screen intermittantly, backup works okay, no new MapShare updates today so I didn't test that, within "Operate My Go" shifted letters still don't work (you have to tap the shift button with your mouse), MapShare corrections entered inside "Operate My Go" still won't upload.
New features:
Can't see any. Seems no different from before.
Regressions:
Haven't found any new bugs.

In summary, I don't see anything different about this version so far.

Known bugs:
Well, it's still very slow and operates fastest when minimized, still hangs on the "Share this" update screen intermittantly, backup works okay, no new MapShare updates today so I didn't test that, within "Operate My Go" shifted letters still don't work (you have to tap the shift button with your mouse), MapShare corrections entered inside "Operate My Go" still won't upload.
New features:
Can't see any. Seems no different from before.
Regressions:
Haven't found any new bugs.

In summary, I don't see anything different about this version so far.

Update: After I unplugged my 920 and plugged it in again, my unit rebooted itself and during the next update session the MapShare updates I'd entered within "Operate My Go" did get uploaded. So that does appear to be fixed.

I upgraded to 2.3.1.92...It seemed to go fine. I did hit the same snag that I hit on EVERY TT-Home upgrade, but after that all was well again: I run Windows Vista...normally logged in under a non-admin account. TT-Home decided it was time to download an update...and I told it to go ahead and install. Vista prompted me for the admin password and went through the install. All seems well, but then Home says it can't connect to the Internet every time I check for upgrades. This happens EVERY time I do a Home upgrade. So...after every Home upgrade, I log off my non-admin account, log onto my admin account, start up Home...do an update in Home...and then log off my admin account. Now...everything works normally in my non-admin account. I've never really figured out a way around this and I just sort of consider it part of the upgrade at this point.

BTW: After doing the initial check for upgrades after the move to 2.3.1.92, there were an additional 240 MapShare updates applied to my device. These did not get downloaded in the MapShare update check I did just minutes before the Home upgrade.

Still thinks my 920 is a 720.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
For those with macs the new version is 2.3.1.40, No changes that I could see. "Operate My Go" still does not work for the 20s. That function does work with my 930.
John

BTW: After doing the initial check for upgrades after the move to 2.3.1.92, there were an additional 240 MapShare updates applied to my device. These did not get downloaded in the MapShare update check I did just minutes before the Home upgrade.

I still haven't gotten any new MapShare updates. I'm using map 715...

The new HOME is applicable to the TTR2 as well. Installed it today, I like it. Only thing is, when I go to operate my device on it, it states "not yet available for your model".

Hopefully soon.

Cheers

locks up

I downloaded the new version of Home for the PC and it just locks up on me. When it goes to load updates, it just says loading forever and i have to disconnect the device and exit the program.

So then since i couldn't update anything i downloaded the new version of Home for the Mac. I was pretty happy to find they finally updated it. However, they still don't have it so you can operate the device on the computer! Which is the biggest thing i need because i like using google and sending the map points to the TT. I use it all the time. So that just pisses me off...

So I guess, I try to fix it on the PC today...

ok, i left the loading screen up on the PC and it finally brought up the screen after 10 minutes. But, it's so annoying. I don't want to sit for the update contents screen to load for 10 minutes, i usually update things really quick before i leave the house.

But my hatred that they don't support the mac enough or completely is still there.

ok, i left the loading screen up on the PC and it finally brought up the screen after 10 minutes. But, it's so annoying. I don't want to sit for the update contents screen to load for 10 minutes, i usually update things really quick before i leave the house.

But my hatred that they don't support the mac enough or completely is still there.
Try this. Keep the window that HOME is running in minimized. If it pops up, minimize it again. When the HD symbol on your unit stops blinking, the update is done, and then you can maximize HOME again, and load the updates. It will take 2 minutes to load instead of 10. Don't ask me why it works! :D

Try this. Keep the window that HOME is running in minimized. If it pops up, minimize it again. When the HD symbol on your unit stops blinking, the update is done, and then you can maximize HOME again, and load the updates. It will take 2 minutes to load instead of 10. Don't ask me why it works! :D

I tried your suggestion and it works for me also. How in the hell did TomTom screw this up? If it was'nt for this Forum we would all be SOL
Thanks

I emailed TT support regarding not being able to operate my Rider2 on the computer screen. When I click on it, it states my device is not yet supported by this feature.

This is exactally what TT support told me as well.

Cheers,

I find that if I press the "Windows" key immediately after selecting "Update my GO" I get similar results, but I can still sort of see what's going on (sort of, because the Start Menu gets in the way).

Also setting the Homeruntime.exe process to IDLE priority seems to do the trick, but that's something everyone would be comfortable with.

Ask a Question