Kate Computer Voice unavailable on TT Home

TomTom Model(s)
XL IQR 2 Traffic (Euro)
Just received my new European XL IQ Routes 2 and first thing I did was make an explorer backup.

It did not come preloaded with any computer voices other than German versions so I downloaded UK Simon and US Susan.

However Kate (UK) is unavailable /not listed from within TT Home!

Does anyone know why? Is there a way of manually installing it?

How many English computer voices are supposed to be available?

If the device uses LoquendoTTS then download the Kate voice by clicking Here then extract the files from the download straight to the LoquendoTTS folder on the device using WinRar - Mike

Thank you Mike. I already downloaded the cab file but as you pointed out the trick is to extract using WinRar into the LoquendoTTS folder of the device which automatically copies the files to the correct locations.

I made the mistake of extracting to a folder and manually copying to the root of LoquendoTTS.

Its now working thanks to you :)

P.S. Are there any other English computer voices?

There is also the Dave voice which you can download from Here as thats the only other English speaking TTS voice I am aware of that will work on your device, install it in the same way as the previous one - Mike

Thanks again. Just figured out that I need to change language from English UK to English US so that it pronounces "Metres" correctly :)

If the device uses LoquendoTTS then download the Kate voice by clicking Here then extract the files from the download straight to the LoquendoTTS folder on the device using WinRar - Mike
Mike, do you know if the Kate file (UK voice) would work on TT XL 340S since it also uses the Loquendo TTS ?

I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work, make a full backup of the device and give it a try - Mike

loading Kate

Could you please tell me in word of one syllable how to load kate's voice I used to have her or emily on the 750go live but after reloading She wasn't available. Many thanks :confused:

1. Click on the link in Mike's post that points to Kate voice (post 2 above) and download the file to your computer. Save it on the desktop.

2. Connect your unit to the computer.

3. Use WinRar to extract the contents of the compressed file you downloaded directly into the LoquendoTTS folder on your unit.

BEFORE DOING THE ABOVE STEPS:

Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer-how-restore.html

@cannport
Please define "reloading" so we will have an idea where Kate and Emily may have gone on their holiday.

Ask a Question