Help with traffic subscription

I feel like a real dummy, but I can't seem to be able to subscribe to the traffic option for the iphone app. I have read in several places, that one can purchase the traffic add on through the Tom Tom App. I have clicked on the Traffic icon, logged in, and then I get a message that "traffic is not available in my region". I live about 60 miles east of downtown Washington, DC. I know that DC and Baltimore have traffic available, so why can't I get it? I called the support line and waited on hold about 20 minutes. The technician didn't have a clue what she was talking about. She said that I have to buy the traffic option through itunes on my PC and that it couldn't be purchased through Tom Tom. If there is anyone out there that can 'splain to me how to go about getting this or even if I should, please let me know. Thanks.

Activate TomTom on your phone
Wait for TT to get a fix
Tap map to go to menu
Tap traffic
Wait for all subscriptions to load. There should be none but a purchase icon should come on.
There will be an icon to purchase traffic at $19.99 choose that one.
I think the secret is to wait for TT to get a fix.
Make sure you have IOS 4 and TT 1.5

Thank you Davidalan99. That was exactly the problem. I was trying to buy from the house and evidently didn't have a gps signal. Once I got out on the highway I had no problem. It worked exactly as you said it would. I appreciate your help.

Ask a Question