RDS-TMC traffic reciever HELP

confused: I bought a RDS-TMC antenna for my TOM TOM ONE third edition. I bought off ebay and it came with no instructions.
when I plug it into my tom tom device it is reconized. In the upper right corner of my tom tom display there is a little orange circle that spins around like a little radar device how ever I have never heard any kind of a traffic update come out of my tom tom even when I was in bad traffic situations.
Is this traffic reciever supposed to broadcast thru my tom tom or dose it need an fm frequency?
Please help me.
dose anyone know where i can read the instructions online?

There really isn't much for instructions but you can go to TT site and look up the RDS-TMC
I just purchased mine last weekend and it works fine .
There might be a couple of reasons your having a problem.
1. do you have a subscription. (mine came with first year free)
2. Have you planned a route it only works if it is on a route.
3. Are you connected to a station I believe it should be a green light if you are, and i am not sure about this because like I said I just got it and haven't really played with it but I don't think it talks the traffic just shows on your route where it is with the time delay and if you want it will route you around the traffic.

Where are you located as this can have a large bearing on reception.

The receiver should auto tune to the correct frequency, when its got some data the yellow "radar" icon will turn to a solid Green disk and any incidents on your route will be displayed on the traffic bar on the right side of the display.

I don't think you are using the latest software for your device as the yellow "radar" icon was replaced by a different symbol in the later software release, to find out what you have installed to the device tap the sat strength meter (lower right corner) followed by the version box, the resulatant screen will off lots of information, what is the software (navcore) version.

For an out of date guide on how this system used to work (and most of it applies to the version you have got with the spinning yellow disk) have a read of This which I wrote a couple of years ago, it will give you a clue about what the device should do with a receiver onnected - Mike

Ask a Question