Help with route planning

I may be posting this in the wrong section. Anyways our agency uses two tomton one xl's to do trips with etc. We also server a lsrge volume of court papers through out our county.

I'm looking the best solution on how get the addresss of the papers into the tomtom and have it plan route for us. The idea behind this is of course to save GAS as well as manpower. I was wondering if anyone is doing anyhting like this.

I'm open to any ideas.

I may be posting this in the wrong section. Anyways our agency uses two tomton one xl's to do trips with etc. We also server a lsrge volume of court papers through out our county.

I'm looking the best solution on how get the addresss of the papers into the tomtom and have it plan route for us. The idea behind this is of course to save GAS as well as manpower. I was wondering if anyone is doing anyhting like this.

I'm open to any ideas.

I believe the feature you are looking for is often referred to as 'Intelligent Planning' or something like that; unfortunately, TT's software does not have that capability at the present time.

There may be 3rd party applications that can be installed that will do that what you need. I'm sure others will assist you in that regard.

TomTom's x30 series will have this "IQ Routing" ability to help you calculated the truly shortest timed trip.
More details >>> HERE <<<

Taking it one step further, as in putting many locations into the TomTom (let's say 6, for example), and having the TomTom create the best Itinerary that will take you the straightest path from point 1 to point 2 to point 3 to point 4 to point 5 to point 6 AND intelligently figuring out which of the six inputs should be the first through the sixth in the itinerary......that I haven't seen any application that does that within the TomTom. Your best bet is probably to use Google maps to see the relative relational location of each POI to one another and creating a route using Google Maps that makes the most direct sense...I describe Google maps and POIs in my next paragragh..

To enter all of these into the TomTom, it is probably faster creating Points of Interest (POIs) on a PC and then plopping them over to the TomTom. I personally recommend a program called TYRE that uses Google Maps and Google Earth. My write-up below:
>>> TYRE and Google Maps for POIs <<<

Last edited:

Ask a Question