I kill my One IQ Routes! Help me, please!

TomTom Model(s)
One IQ Routes Backup
The problem is I formatted my device ( a ONE IQ Routes device) without creating a backup. So can anyone help me?
How can i restore my TOMTOM device? How could i install the necessary software? Please, help me!

Last edited:
Unless the map on your device was upgraded from the original that came with the device, I'm afraid you are out of luck. The application can be obtained using Home; it's free. But the map will cost you.

It the map WAS an upgrade, you might still be in luck. connect the device to the computer. Start Home. Go to Manage my Device (2nd screen). Items on Computer-->maps, what does it show? If it DOES show a map. Select to install.

BUT...........

If it DOES show the map, first of all (using Home) go to Update my device and install the application offered. Disconnect PROPERLY from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Restart the device. connect to Home. And then get the map on the computer and select to install.

And don't forget, "upgrade" can mean having taken advantage of the one-time "Latest Map Guarantee" map update you are offered when you first get the unit.

No idea what your OS is, but if Windows XP, for example, it would be good to search the folder My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\map to see if there are any folders inside the 'map' folder, perhaps just one folder that references Europe. Let us know if you find anything there, but it must be the PC you originally used when you plugged in your unit after purchase.

Ask a Question