Help planning alternate route.

Well i live in central jersey and i am trying to plan another way to get to CT and i know how i want to do it, but i cannot get the tomtom one xls to use the gsp... it anly wants to use the turnpike

What method are you selecting? Fastest? Shortest? Do you have IQ routing active (if you have v8 maps)?

If 'fastest' and it's taking the highway you don't want, try 'shortest'.

Also, you may want to select the option 'Always avoid toll roads'.

Lastly, you can plan a route using spots you wish to travel by using the Itinerary planning option.

What method are you selecting? Fastest? Shortest? Do you have IQ routing active (if you have v8 maps)?

If 'fastest' and it's taking the highway you don't want, try 'shortest'.

Also, you may want to select the option 'Always avoid toll roads'.

Lastly, you can plan a route using spots you wish to travel by using the Itinerary planning option.

I have tried fastest and shortest and they are both the same.

And it is imposible to avoid toll roads because i will be traveling to CT, tools aren't a problem for me

And i have tried using the itinerary planning, but it only seems like i can do one at a time

Well i live in central jersey and i am trying to plan another way to get to CT and i know how i want to do it, but i cannot get the tomtom one xls to use the gsp... it anly wants to use the turnpike

If you like you can use Google maps put in your start & Finish points zoome it in a bit and with the google interface you can click on the route and drag it where you want it to go . Then you click on the link Icon and copy it to a program called Houghi ( in the Box) Click ( Here )

Then click on submit query to create a TomTom itn. file save it to your TT itenery folder.
you now have your route.

Then when you want to go just go to Intnery files/ options/ load Itenery / chose the Itenery you saved and you are done TT will do the rest.

If you like you can use Google maps put in your start & Finish points zoome it in a bit and with the google interface you can click on the route and drag it where you want it to go . Then you click on the link Icon and copy it to a program called Houghi ( in the Box) Click ( Here )

Then click on submit query to create a TomTom itn. file save it to your TT itenery folder.
you now have your route.

Then when you want to go just go to Intnery files/ options/ load Itenery / chose the Itenery you saved and you are done TT will do the rest.

This may sound stupid so I apologize in advance but where is the itenary folder located . I looked under the TomTom Directory using Windows Explorer and didn't see it.

Thanks!

I used Tyre to create an itinerary from here in NH to North Carolina. I also wanted to use the GSP and avoid I95 through NYC and northern NJ.

I was able to set up the route using I84 in CT to I684 to I87/287, cross the TappanZee bridge and over to the GSP. The route takes us down the GSP to the interchange with the NJ Turnpike and we take that the rest of way through NJ.

Tyre is free and it is pretty easy to use and to make changes to your intinerary until you get everything exactly the way you want it.

Ask a Question