Help! Satellite connection issues.

I have a TomTom One. It takes a lot of time to linkup with a satellite. Traveling south on 81 from NY through PA I had no connection at all. When I hit Maryland, I received it. I had no satellite when leaving Washington DC all the way back home. I am very frustrated with my TomTom.

Any help?

I have a TomTom One. It takes a lot of time to linkup with a satellite. Traveling south on 81 from NY through PA I had no connection at all. When I hit Maryland, I received it. I had no satellite when leaving Washington DC all the way back home. I am very frustrated with my TomTom.

Any help?
Couple of questions: how long since you last used your TomTom? Was it working well then?

Have you changed vehicles since the last time your TomTom was working well? Have you changed anything about your windows (tinting, in particular) or mounting position since then?

When was the last time you plugged your unit in and ran TomTom Home for updates? It's not likely, but I suppose a totally fouled ephemeris table won't help.

Welcome to the forum, switch the device on and wait until its got a GPS position fix BEFORE setting off, it shouldn't take more than 20 seconds IF STATIONARY, if you are moving at speed it can take ages - Mike

Any help?

Just a thought. First try a soft reset but when you turn it on go outside in the middle of your driveway and see if this helps. Secondly you you update with the quickgps fix when you go to tomtom home. Some units you can update directly on your unit without going to tomtom home but I do not know if you can with your unit. Once you get a fix when you first put it on you should have no problem for the rest of the day The quickgps fix downloaded shows your unit approximately where your satellites are located in the sky Anyway good luck, maybe others on this forum can give you more information.

Ask a Question